Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking on some websites trying to figure out if anybody makes a golf club Carrier that sits on the back of a hitch somehow or something like that. I have half of an idea but that's about ,anybody give me some ideas? I could throw them in a trailer ..I do intend to buy one , however if I didn't have to haul the trailer around and could just put the bag o clubs somehow on the back that would be easier for parking. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts

Just to give you some ideas, nothing that tells experience with any of them but a place to start. I had no idea this was actually something available. It will be very interesting to see folks actual experiences.

Dave / Believer45

Reactions: Realife

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I did, it's what I saw, had no idea Harley riders carried so many clubs, me too I hope to hear from someone that has figured it out

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was surprised at the differences in how they are carried and the differences in rack design I would not have thought any of this was available. Learn something every day, eh?

Will be interesting to see real world experiences with this one.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
264 Posts
Put the rain cover on the bag and strap it down sideways on the back seat. It is not that much wider than the side bags. You will need a smaller bag to do this, not a jumbo pro touring bag like some people think they need! I did it that way for years on bikes not as big as the wing. No fancy rack needed.

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant! There's a lot of golf courses here, it's something to do and stay within a 100 miles, I usually rent a cart so I'm going to thin out clubs and see if they will go behind me It's nice here right now

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've done it several times. First you'll need 4 to 6 slide clamp straps. The type that the strap just pulls through the clamp. Takes about 5 minutes.
1. wrap 1 strap around all of the clubs.
2. Wrap another strap over that strap down to the bag handle and ring on the other side or another strap around the bag to go through.
This holds the clubs in the bag.
3. STAND THE BAG UP in the passenger seat.
4. Wrap another strap through the grab handles and over the bag. This holds the bag down. You'll need a long strap or 2 together. Or ratchet strap.
5. Wrap another strap all the way around the trunk to hold it against the seat back...you'll need another long strap for that or 2 together. Now the bag can't move and the clubs are strapped to the bag.
Get on the bike and ride!
I would send a picture but I'm camping this week.

So get out there and go golfing! 👍

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr Redbones I did as you so patiently described. However the 2020 2021 and 2022 all have different trunks,there's no way that I am running straps across the paint, not even under cloth, I ran out to try it, it's a good idea, it looks like I can throw it sideways Mr Snowmoer is right, I will just tee off with a shorter #3 .the driver is 9 ft long...I will have to take a picture before I split

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was an amazingly free solution I used the helmet bag to cover the top with A sinching strap on it already,everything .2 Orange straps to honor the month October and away I go totally kick ass thank you so much Sometimes you just have to ask and the answer is sitting right in front of you the whole time

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's funny, u ask for advice and end up giving out better advice! I actually like your way better. Looks much easier, I'll have 2 try it when I get home!
Thanks. (y)(y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts