Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that there is some sort of arrangements going on by New Smyrna Beach Airport for Bikeweek but can't find any details about it. Does anybody have some info or knowledge about dates, hours, vendors, event details, etc... ? :confused:

Just came back from Daytona yesterday and they sure are setting up for Bikeweek. Looks like it will be a lot of fun... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Destination Daytona on US1 in Ormond Beach.
Sunshine Mall and the race track. I believe they may have canceled the airport venue.
You may wish to e-mail the chapter director at [email protected] for more info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Trikelady,

We are most definitely hitting those places. I was just wondering if there was an event especially for GoldWings. See you there....

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
From what I've gathered they're squeezing everyone in at the Sunshine Mall on US1.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevermind, I just realized.... We will stop by and check it out. Maybe tomorrow but definitely next week end.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Actually, this rally doesn't offer very much in the way of fun for wingers. You will find some activity at the race track, maybe even 2012 demo rides. Basically, I spend most of my time touring the area/state during the rally.

You will find the Sunshine Mall directly across the street from Walkers Honda!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Mostly everything for Wingers was crammed together at the Sunshine Mall. The new GL1800 was on display at the Honda tent, I didn't get to see it as I was having the Voyager upgraded. Certainly saw a couple of interesting Wings while there, one trike from Canada had a top on it and there was a 1500 with a Hannigan Tricar.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Rode By It

Ha, the wife and I were on a bike trip from Alabama, and we started our tour by stopping in St. Augustine. As we rode south to go to Kennedy Space Center, we rode by this thing around Daytona... There sure were a lot of bikes headed that way. Thank goodness we weren't stopping there... Onward through Orlando to Treasure Island for a PEACEFUL couple of days on the beach!

Back in AL now, and I am still glad we didn't stop at Daytona... Ya think we made the right choice?:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
BadgerFn64,
You should have stopped, you missed the fun and the new 2012 GL1800 at the race track.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ha, the wife and I were on a bike trip from Alabama, and we started our tour by stopping in St. Augustine. As we rode south to go to Kennedy Space Center, we rode by this thing around Daytona... There sure were a lot of bikes headed that way. Thank goodness we weren't stopping there... Onward through Orlando to Treasure Island for a PEACEFUL couple of days on the beach!

Back in AL now, and I am still glad we didn't stop at Daytona... Ya think we made the right choice?:rolleyes:
Largest bikeweek in the world and you rode by it!!!! :eek:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
OK trike lady, you have my attention, a 2012 Wing on the track? C'mon, tell us more! Ah, some of coudn't be there y'know.:D

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
The new 2012 GL1800 was shown at the Honda tent at the Daytona Speedway. The bike still resembles the beloved GL1800, they just changed the styling a bit and gave it 'Space Alien Eyes' on the front of the bike instead of the single opening on the large garnish. I thought to myself great place for LED's. They crammed all the Goldwing vendors at the Sunshine Mall. I had fun and I spent money, I got to upgrade my Voyager unit with new chrome wheels.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The new 2012 GL1800 was shown at the Honda tent at the Daytona Speedway. The bike still resembles the beloved GL1800, they just changed the styling a bit and gave it 'Space Alien Eyes' on the front of the bike instead of the single opening on the large garnish. I thought to myself great place for LED's. They crammed all the Goldwing vendors at the Sunshine Mall. I had fun and I spent money, I got to upgrade my Voyager unit with new chrome wheels.;)
Somehow it looks like an oversized scooter with alien accents!!!:eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Rode to Daytona Bike Week yesterday, 3-8. Signs of the fires were visible on both sides of the highway. Daytona was crowed for a weekday, will be mayhem on weekends :) Did find a Road Gear 3/4 length Extreme Jacket for under $200.00 and even bought a couple cans of Plexi for another $20. Rode north to the Iron Horse Saloon, ate lunch and watched a Harley rider blow out the tire on his ride in the burn-out pit. No t-shirts in my size that I liked, saved $20+ buck on that. :) Well worth a day-trip if you're close by.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Rode to Daytona Bike Week yesterday, 3-8. Signs of the fires were visible on both sides of the highway. Daytona was crowed for a weekday, will be mayhem on weekends :) Did find a Road Gear 3/4 length Extreme Jacket for under $200.00 and even bought a couple cans of Plexi for another $20. Rode north to the Iron Horse Saloon, ate lunch and watched a Harley rider blow out the tire on his ride in the burn-out pit. No t-shirts in my size that I liked, saved $20+ buck on that. :) Well worth a day-trip if you're close by.
Did you happen to eat the great Iron Horse BBQ sandwich or plate prepared by Chris??? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts