Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,400 Posts
i would really miss my trunk if i didn't have it so i can say that the look of the f6b is ok but i would have a trunk on my wing. oh and only two colors, you can do better than that honda

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree with the Doc, I like the trunk, and use it more than the side boxes.
That thing looks like a cross between the Wing, & Valcree (know that's spelled wrong)
Looks like the backrest would be too short even for my Grandaughter.
I finally got a full windshield and don't like that short one.
Oh well I won't be getting another Wing for a while.
Thinking about another Nighthawk.
Rusty

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should have called it the "Honda Davidson Harleywing". But it may grow on me. I just wish they would have updated the present platform instead of going this way.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So do warts but they cost way less to get rid of.....:D
Pretty Funny! But after 18yrs of doing Anesthesia I can say that it really depends on which type of wart you're taking about. Nevertheless this bike may be a seller for Honda. Four of my die hard Harley friends already called to say how much they like this bike.
I don't think I'll have a need for it. I bought my Goldwing to move UP from that platform..

·
Registered
64 Posts
The base model doesn't have a center stand or self canceling turn signals? What's up with that? Even my first Honda 90 scrambler had a center stand in 1968. Do these things cost so much that it's prohibitive to include on a $20K bike? So they need to charge another grand for them? Who thinks these things up, anyway?
I guess the self canceling turn signals aren't really necessary. After all, nobody here in Florida much uses them, and around Boston where I spent most of my life, if you see a car with a turn signal on you can be assured it left the dealership that way.

=Dave=

·
Super Moderator
10,476 Posts
Looks like the guys that are looking for a wing without a rear trunk got their wish...

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
I'll be the odd guy here and say.....I REALLY LIKE IT!!!! I mean REALLY

·
Registered
81 Posts
No reverse either from what I can see. If you own the Ultimate Touring brand why go back. Why not improve it. Of all the stuff I've seen asked for on this forum...not once did I see this. Who did the test market?

Here's what Honda Canada is saying..."Think of it as the Gold Wing’s bad-boy cousin."

·
Premium Member
24,202 Posts
I'm surprised that it took Mother this long to twig on the more minimalist bagger thing. I'm not totally sure of the numbers, but between Victory and HD, I'd say it's an even bigger portion of sales between their bagger models and the full dresser versions.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
So it seems all you wing loyalists don't like the new Wing. No surprise there as the F6B is obviously not targeted at people who already own a Wing, it's targeted at people who are interested in Harley's and Victory's, which I think is great! Though I've never ridden a Harley, Victory, or a Goldwing, my guess is that someone who's in the market for a bagger will find that big six a far more appealing engine than any of those V-twins...If I went for bikes like this, you better believe the F6B would be my first choice.
I think you are correct RRD. I personally think it is kinda :cool:
Would I go buy one? Of course not,what I have is better. I can see them selling this though to the people just like roadrunnerdavid. :D Maybe not your dads, dads bike but just your dads??? I borrowed that qote from Buick. Not your dads car but your dads dad...

·
Premium Member
24,202 Posts
Here's a bit of a detailed description of the Canadian (in black only guys, no red up here) model that will be released shortly. I'll get a bit of seat time on a display model early December (but no road test sorry) when I'm at the dealer meeting in Toronto.
Think of it as the Gold Wing’s bad-boy cousin. The all-new Honda Gold Wing F6B takes the superb six-cylinder engine and advanced chassis of the touring legend, then strips off the rear top box, chops down the windshield, and covers everything in midnight black to create a premium cruiser like nothing else on the road. Long, low, lean and mean, the F6B is built for the boulevard, and built to turn heads. Thanks to its touring-bike underpinnings, it hasn’t forgotten how to carry you long distances in ultimate comfort, too. Where the Gold Wing coddles you and your passenger in a luxurious cocoon, the F6B lets the wind and the scenery wash over you. The fairing still protects you from the elements, but the shorty windshield gives you an unobstructed view of the road ahead. The F6B’s slimmer design also improves its power-to-weight ratio, which makes the legendary 1,832 cc six-cylinder engine even more impressive when you twist the throttle. And the lighter weight helps the F6B handle with an agility that you really have to experience to believe. Four-speaker sound system with iPod and USB interface, Dual-Combined Braking System with ABS, spacious saddlebags... the Honda Gold Wing F6B leaves other premium cruisers way, way behind.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Budoka
Are they still going to have the Standard Gold Wing line?
Is this just taking the place of the Valk?
In a few years I was planning to upgrade to an 1800 if I last that long.
Never can tell this 1500 may be my last bike, still have the ST-1100 too.

·
Premium Member
24,202 Posts
No, the F6B is a separate model of the Goldwing, and the Valkrie was discontinued in 2003. It's actually a model that Honda has released to take aim at the sector of the market that the Vision Street, the Street Glide, and to some extent the Road King and the Cross Country have been taking up. One of the smarter releases on Honda's part in the last 10 years if you ask me; the semi dressed bagger is a very popular niche and has a strong following. I expect it to do very well. I'll have more to say after I get back from the Meeting in Toronto, including Cdn MSRP (US MSRP's are $19,999, base in black; and $20,999 heated grips, passenger backrest and center stand), there's only one version available for Canada and it's black. The Canadian model has the center stand, but does not say anything about the backrest or surround sound, only that it has the 'premium' 4 speaker system. The F6B on both sides of the border is also 60 lbs lighter and has almost a full inch lower seat heght than the full dressed Wing. Driveline and powertrain, and all chassis components are the same. No GPS/Navi, and no mention of cruise control either.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.