Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
i would really miss my trunk if i didn't have it so i can say that the look of the f6b is ok but i would have a trunk on my wing. oh and only two colors, you can do better than that honda

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree with the Doc, I like the trunk, and use it more than the side boxes.
That thing looks like a cross between the Wing, & Valcree (know that's spelled wrong)
Looks like the backrest would be too short even for my Grandaughter.
I finally got a full windshield and don't like that short one.
Oh well I won't be getting another Wing for a while.
Thinking about another Nighthawk.
Rusty

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should have called it the "Honda Davidson Harleywing". But it may grow on me. I just wish they would have updated the present platform instead of going this way.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So do warts but they cost way less to get rid of.....:D
Pretty Funny! But after 18yrs of doing Anesthesia I can say that it really depends on which type of wart you're taking about. Nevertheless this bike may be a seller for Honda. Four of my die hard Harley friends already called to say how much they like this bike.
I don't think I'll have a need for it. I bought my Goldwing to move UP from that platform..

·
Registered
68 Posts
The base model doesn't have a center stand or self canceling turn signals? What's up with that? Even my first Honda 90 scrambler had a center stand in 1968. Do these things cost so much that it's prohibitive to include on a $20K bike? So they need to charge another grand for them? Who thinks these things up, anyway?
I guess the self canceling turn signals aren't really necessary. After all, nobody here in Florida much uses them, and around Boston where I spent most of my life, if you see a car with a turn signal on you can be assured it left the dealership that way.

=Dave=

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Looks like the guys that are looking for a wing without a rear trunk got their wish...

·
Banned
120 Posts
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for people who buy these to get on the forum and start asking what kind of trunk to put on it.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I'll be the odd guy here and say.....I REALLY LIKE IT!!!! I mean REALLY

·
Banned
23 Posts
So it seems all you wing loyalists don't like the new Wing. No surprise there as the F6B is obviously not targeted at people who already own a Wing, it's targeted at people who are interested in Harley's and Victory's, which I think is great! Though I've never ridden a Harley, Victory, or a Goldwing, my guess is that someone who's in the market for a bagger will find that big six a far more appealing engine than any of those V-twins...If I went for bikes like this, you better believe the F6B would be my first choice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No reverse either from what I can see. If you own the Ultimate Touring brand why go back. Why not improve it. Of all the stuff I've seen asked for on this forum...not once did I see this. Who did the test market?

Here's what Honda Canada is saying..."Think of it as the Gold Wing’s bad-boy cousin."

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I'm surprised that it took Mother this long to twig on the more minimalist bagger thing. I'm not totally sure of the numbers, but between Victory and HD, I'd say it's an even bigger portion of sales between their bagger models and the full dresser versions.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
So it seems all you wing loyalists don't like the new Wing. No surprise there as the F6B is obviously not targeted at people who already own a Wing, it's targeted at people who are interested in Harley's and Victory's, which I think is great! Though I've never ridden a Harley, Victory, or a Goldwing, my guess is that someone who's in the market for a bagger will find that big six a far more appealing engine than any of those V-twins...If I went for bikes like this, you better believe the F6B would be my first choice.
I think you are correct RRD. I personally think it is kinda :cool:
Would I go buy one? Of course not,what I have is better. I can see them selling this though to the people just like roadrunnerdavid. :D Maybe not your dads, dads bike but just your dads??? I borrowed that qote from Buick. Not your dads car but your dads dad...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.