Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to justify keeping the super sport bike that is only comfortable for about 1 hour in each direction, but not in bumper to bumper traffic. I like the mountain twisties, even though they are rather dangerous. I'm wondering whether anyone has ridden the Goldwing through the twisties at a moderate clip and lived to tell about it? Or is the Goldwing just for conservative riders who like comfort?

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Well that should answer your question...

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Wolf is about as good as it gets when it comes to riding a Wing aggressively. We also have a resident track dood (Dookoo) that runs his Wing at Button Willow and Laguna Seca tracks. Pretty cool stuff! Here's his vid. BTW, Wolf got to be so famous at the Gap he got harrassed by so many troppers he moved to Florida for a while. Rumour has it he's back though.
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9255&highlight=Laguna+Seca

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
One other thing, I also ride a rocket when my inner child needs exercise...wouldn't be without it actually. The RC51 is a different breed of cat than other supersports though:cool: Don't get me wrong, I love my Wing, but the 1000R gives me goose bumps every time I get on it.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ah, that is what I needed to hear. I'll find a way to get the new Goldwing and keep my 2012 ZX-14R, even if it means getting a job. :) I am kind of hoping one of the local dealers will give me the airbag model for $26,000 out the door, because no one wants it. I figure the maximum I should pay would be $27,000.00 out the door.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Aha, so you have one of the 'busa killers! I'd love to go for a rip on one of those...drooooool:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The mounting bracket for the Givi V46 topcase is back-ordered, but I already have everything else and am just waiting for the missing parts. I told the salesman that I was bored, and this bike was his creative solution to bordem.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
26 OTD is a pretty tall order from what I can see for incentives available. Only $500 advertised from Honda, and the dealer may not get all of that either as it's an accessory rebate.

·
Super Moderator
10,007 Posts
Ah, that is what I needed to hear. I'll find a way to get the new Goldwing and keep my 2012 ZX-14R, even if it means getting a job. :) I am kind of hoping one of the local dealers will give me the airbag model for $26,000 out the door, because no one wants it. I figure the maximum I should pay would be $27,000.00 out the door.
Don't know where you live, but check out this price for an airbag model..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...0157631?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4845e31e3f

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is very helpful -- thank you. I did a search a week or two ago on eBay, but didn't see anything -- I must have used the wrong keyword or misspelled something. So, it looks like about $24,500 base price (airbag / navi / xm / abs model) + 2,144.00 sales tax + 400.00 license = $27,000.00 out the door. So basically, if I bargain hard, the airbag will cost me $1,000.00 versus the non-airbag model.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I have to get a job or not, and am thinking about writing a book, or perhaps doing something else to bring in some new business so that the new purchase doesn't stress me out by having a reduced security cushion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.