Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they worth the effort and cost? It's a pain to use a flashlight to search the trunk during hours of darkness. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
T-Rex

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Are they worth the effort and cost? It's a pain to use a flashlight to search the trunk during hours of darkness. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
T-Rex
Don't mean to sound cheap but $2.98 at Walmart you can get a stick on under cabinet round 6 led light that velcros right nice in the trunk. Works like a champ and you can pull it out and use it as a flash light too. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't mean to sound cheap but $2.98 at Walmart you can get a stick on under cabinet round 6 led light that velcros right nice in the trunk. Works like a champ and you can pull it out and use it as a flash light too. :D

I like your style DW... and yes they do work like a champ. :)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
When I bought my bike it had a mercury tilt switch on it. I had problems with it and hooked up a cheap light with a push button on it from Walmart. It gives lots of light and works great.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
I had one on my 98 GL1500 and loved it. My daughter especially like the mirror for fixing her hair after the helmet. I wanted one for the GL1800 but was told they were discontinued, so I didn't get one. So I miss it...

·
Registered
5,005 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goldwing Trunk Light - Value vs. Price

Had an OEM trunk light installed in my Wing trunk. Cost of light and electrical harness $68.93 and $38.69 respectively. Time and Labor for the install: 1hr 15min; $53.70.

Light works fine, comes on when trunk opens and has an optional switch to turn light on/off manually. Light is pretty good, but not $161.32 worth.

Suggest that prior to adding a mod, post the info online and get feedback from those that may have been there before...I wish I had.
Thanks,
T-Rex

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Heading to Walmart for the $3.00 mod. Does that include batteries?
No...mine uses 2 each AA's. Do you have Velcro? In the hobby section. I put mine off to the side of the trunk because if you put it in the middle of the lid, it interferes with putting a helmet in there. They have them in 3 packs too so you can put one in the trunk and 1 in each side bag. Up-town for sure..:D:D

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
No...mine uses 2 each AA's. Do you have Velcro? In the hobby section. I put mine off to the side of the trunk because if you put it in the middle of the lid, it interferes with putting a helmet in there. They have them in 3 packs too so you can put one in the trunk and 1 in each side bag. Up-town for sure..:D:D
Wally World here I come......thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I had the mirrors in the trunk of both the 1200 and 1500, made herself very happy. I've thought often of a light, just never put one in, hmmm....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went to harbor freight and got a 24 led white light strip. It ran $12 and I used a small on/off switch in the back corner of the trunk. I epoxied the light in the trunk lid and it works great. Very bright. I used the red one they had first and it just wasn't that bright but still worked good.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
I wired one in my trunk that has a switch on a plug that goes into a Cigarette light, can charge the cell phone when I want, but like Dreamweavers idea.
From the Northwest Corner

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I bought mine at LOWES and have one in my trunk , bags and trailer ! No wiring to worry with . I like them and the wife loves them !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.