Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they worth the effort and cost? It's a pain to use a flashlight to search the trunk during hours of darkness. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
T-Rex

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Are they worth the effort and cost? It's a pain to use a flashlight to search the trunk during hours of darkness. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks,
T-Rex
Don't mean to sound cheap but $2.98 at Walmart you can get a stick on under cabinet round 6 led light that velcros right nice in the trunk. Works like a champ and you can pull it out and use it as a flash light too. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't mean to sound cheap but $2.98 at Walmart you can get a stick on under cabinet round 6 led light that velcros right nice in the trunk. Works like a champ and you can pull it out and use it as a flash light too. :D

I like your style DW... and yes they do work like a champ. :)

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
When I bought my bike it had a mercury tilt switch on it. I had problems with it and hooked up a cheap light with a push button on it from Walmart. It gives lots of light and works great.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I had one on my 98 GL1500 and loved it. My daughter especially like the mirror for fixing her hair after the helmet. I wanted one for the GL1800 but was told they were discontinued, so I didn't get one. So I miss it...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goldwing Trunk Light - Value vs. Price

Had an OEM trunk light installed in my Wing trunk. Cost of light and electrical harness $68.93 and $38.69 respectively. Time and Labor for the install: 1hr 15min; $53.70.

Light works fine, comes on when trunk opens and has an optional switch to turn light on/off manually. Light is pretty good, but not $161.32 worth.

Suggest that prior to adding a mod, post the info online and get feedback from those that may have been there before...I wish I had.
Thanks,
T-Rex

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Heading to Walmart for the $3.00 mod. Does that include batteries?
No...mine uses 2 each AA's. Do you have Velcro? In the hobby section. I put mine off to the side of the trunk because if you put it in the middle of the lid, it interferes with putting a helmet in there. They have them in 3 packs too so you can put one in the trunk and 1 in each side bag. Up-town for sure..:D:D

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
No...mine uses 2 each AA's. Do you have Velcro? In the hobby section. I put mine off to the side of the trunk because if you put it in the middle of the lid, it interferes with putting a helmet in there. They have them in 3 packs too so you can put one in the trunk and 1 in each side bag. Up-town for sure..:D:D
Wally World here I come......thanks for the tip.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I had the mirrors in the trunk of both the 1200 and 1500, made herself very happy. I've thought often of a light, just never put one in, hmmm....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had one on my 1500 and noticed the other day I missed it on my 1800, but... I have a storage orgnizer attached to the underside of the trunk lid.. so it wouldnt work anyway.
Gluck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went to harbor freight and got a 24 led white light strip. It ran $12 and I used a small on/off switch in the back corner of the trunk. I epoxied the light in the trunk lid and it works great. Very bright. I used the red one they had first and it just wasn't that bright but still worked good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 3 pack from Walgreens yesterday. Each has 3 LED lights and comes with batteries for each. Simple peel and stick backing. I put one in the trunk and one in each saddle bag. Work really well! All 3 for $6.99....... How can you go wrong!

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I wired one in my trunk that has a switch on a plug that goes into a Cigarette light, can charge the cell phone when I want, but like Dreamweavers idea.
From the Northwest Corner

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I bought mine at LOWES and have one in my trunk , bags and trailer ! No wiring to worry with . I like them and the wife loves them !!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have any pics of this installed? Links to the light?

·
Registered
134 Posts
have you thought of the 6 led hat lights their low profile and you can epoxy them where you want them. Also you could get one of the flip up and down head style lights for camping and fishing. Epoxy that in place as well and they come in bright, brighter, brightest, red night setups too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts