Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back frpm the local Goldwing show at our Mall. Only about a dozen bikes, but sure made me want one more. Got a couple of leads on a couple of used bikes to check on. One is a 1986 Interstate, with 25,000 miles. I actually had called this guy last week. Foun out at the show that this guy just bought a new 2010, and just needs to get rid of his old one. When I talked to him on the phone, he told me that he is asking $3900, but for me to come and make him an offer. The guys that I talked to at the show today know the guy, and they say it is a very nice bike. Problem is, my MAX is $3000. Hopefully going to look at it today.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just got back frpm the local Goldwing show at our Mall. Only about a dozen bikes, but sure made me want one more. Got a couple of leads on a couple of used bikes to check on. One is a 1986 Interstate, with 25,000 miles. I actually had called this guy last week. Foun out at the show that this guy just bought a new 2010, and just needs to get rid of his old one. When I talked to him on the phone, he told me that he is asking $3900, but for me to come and make him an offer. The guys that I talked to at the show today know the guy, and they say it is a very nice bike. Problem is, my MAX is $3000. Hopefully going to look at it today.
Sounds a little steep to me.
Low mileage is just as bad as high mileage!!!! 1000 miles average per year, wow!!!! :eek: Be careful. ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ahh, that's a dated pic of the Wing. It is now blinged with vinyl siding c/w pressure treated cruising pegs.
Chromed fire extinguisher is on my wish list :).
Strat

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I HAVE PLENTY OF SLUSH BUT NO FUNDS lol!!! The price actually sounds steep to me! $3000 sounds fair if it is in pristine shape!! Check it out real good and see if he has the Maintenance records!!!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doesn't mean anything. It's Saturday. Unless you live in Waterbury VT, the owner may be out riding.

Oh I know. Wife and I were going to Rochester shopping today, about an hour away. The bike was in a town about half way there, so I figured I might as wel see if he was home, so I called him before i left, and left him a messege, telling him that if they were going to be around, I was going to be in the area, and I would like to stop and look at it. On the way home, I stopped in the town where it was, and called him again, but he was still not home. Who knows, maybe he was at the show at our mall? I will keep trying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts