Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7866

Can anyone tell me a good place to get a Gold Wing serviced in the Denton, Tx area?
Had some work done at Al Lambs Dallas Honda at 9250 LBJ Freeway and was very happy with them. It's on the north side of Big D. Isaac

AlLambsdallashonda.com

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I'm a customer at Maxim Honda in Allen. They've done a good job for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DFW Honda

DFW Honda in Grapevine Texas is close to you in Denton. Great work and customer service is outstanding. Bart the parts mgr makes the whole thing work for us Goldwing riders. Try them out----

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Cycle Center of Denton is also a Honda dealer.

I can't vouch for their service work but some member of my GWRRA chapter use them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm looking for a mechanic in the north Dallas area and called DFW Honda this morning. When asked about service on a 1982 GoldWing, the Service Manager said, "We do not take in anything over 10 years old as parts are too hard to find." Not sure what to think after seeing the previous post. Any other suggestions? I need to have a bike serviced and evaluated so I can determine whether to buy it.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
I'm looking for a mechanic in the north Dallas area and called DFW Honda this morning. When asked about service on a 1982 GoldWing, the Service Manager said, "We do not take in anything over 10 years old as parts are too hard to find." Not sure what to think after seeing the previous post. Any other suggestions? I need to have a bike serviced and evaluated so I can determine whether to buy it.
Can't help with your paticular area but I can tell you that some Honda dealers will work on the bike (you just need to find that one). I know here in Pa. there are a few dealers that say no but the one I go to will work on any year. They are good people.

The other option you may want to try is to find an idependent bike shop where you can go. The downside might be a tad inexperianced with Wings.

Good Luck & Welcome to the GWOF.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I've never needed to have a bike that old serviced but it really surprises me that DFW would turn you down. There are shops closer to me but DFW gets all of my work. Al Lamb's is good, northern edge of Dallas on LBJ eastbound one exit east of US75. Denton Cycle Center sells and services all of the Big Four. And since there won't be any warranty work involved, there are several service shops available, but you'll want to supply the parts. Their price on older parts will chase you away.

I can't remember the name of the place or the street its on, but there is a parts salvage warehouse, or should I say parts recycler, less than a mile south of the convention center. Its like walking through a candy store. Well, ok, a dusty candy store.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey buddy! I live in Denton.off university.I would never trust CCOD.They cost me lots of problems with a 96 aspencade one time.I would recommend rising phoeix motorsports in argyle.They used to be servie people and also had some partners that were techs themselves.They are very customer friendly and much cheaper than a dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That place south of the Convention center would be L&L Cycle, 2914 So Lamar (214-421-2910) Tony is a great person to know!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts