Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldwing rider

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Robdog 
#1 ·
Greetings , I ride a 96 1500 se in white. Rode about 10k this year . Am waiting for the 2 liter goldwing then i'll buy a new one. Still paying mother honda for my 09 Big Red.

#3 ·
Welcome Robdog to the site.

Is Honda Planning On A 2000 ??? My Question - Why ???
I don't know if they are or not ronzilla but my question to you would be. Why Not??????:rolleyes:

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome Robdog to the site.

I don't know if they are or not ronzilla but my question to you would be. Why Not??????:rolleyes:
... HOWDY ... I THINK THEY ARE JUST GETTING TO - BIG - HOW MANY POSTS DO WE READ ABOUT RIDERS - NOT- BEING ABLE TO REACH THE GROUND OR TROUBLE GETTING ON OR OFF ect. ALSO THE SAFETY FACTOR ON HOW STRONG DOES THE RIDER HAVE TO BE FOR THE EXTRA WEIGHT AND BULK ... I'LL GO BUY A CONVERTABLE CAR AND SAVE MYSELF ALOT OF MONEY ... I DON'T THINK THE MARKET WILL BE THERE ... AND WE MUST NOT FORGET ABOUT THE -TRACTIVE - FORCES OF THE TIRES ... I'M 6'2" 250lbs AND I WANT TO RIDE THE MACHINE -NOT - WRESTLE WITH IT ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

#4 ·
Welcome to the board from the East coast. Lot's of folks are courious about the new Wing. I didn't want to wait, so I bought my 09 and am thrilled with it's ride and performance. Ride safe and often

#7 ·
Remember the " Rune " ? Honda's attempt to get the rider " into " and lower in a six cylinder bike. God bless Honda, but little has changed with their design. Here in the Northern Virginia area you are hard pressed to find a new 1800 VTX in a Honda showroom. The predominant new bikes are the 1100 Shadow. The non-exclusive Honda dealers barely carry the 1300VTX. The remark is that the design doesn't evolve, like Kawasaki and Suzuki , to show something new and different to the customers. Granted, these are cruisers and small tour bikes compared to the Goldwing, but it shows the design philosophy that " it was good enough for grandpa.........." I, too, was told by a Honda exclusive shop that the 010 is the last model to be made here. One thing is for sure: there will be alot of hype and rumors about the 011 models well before we see it. I hope we will be disappointed and feel lucky for the girl we picked.

#8 ·
hello and welcome to GWOF robdog. going by the spec's ronzilla a 1500 wing has a lower seat hight than a 1200 but splaying you legs out farther makes a 1500 feel taller when straddeling it

#9 ·
Thanks everyone , don't think i don't like the current models . I put a lot of miles on a 1100 interstate then had a H/D for sometime . Got back into wings in 06 when i bought my 96 1500se with 10k mi. Rode a 09 1800 ,really liked the brakes and the corner handling (feel the 1500 chops up the corners), Rode a 09 K1500 , they can keep it. Rode a 08 cruiser harley. Nice but not set up for CA highways with high speed straight shots, really built for slower rolling and gently curving highways. Can't think of a bike i would want more than a wing. But need f.i. a larger fuel tank , a 350 mi range. GPS , you know the neccesities.

#10 ·
Big Bikes

I sold bikes as a part time job for a year. I was the year the Kaw Vulcan 2050 twin hit the floor. I thought my goodness this thing will sell like hot cakes. Well, they did not sell at all, 04s sat till the 05s came out. They sold eventually but only at sharp discounts. VTX 1800s were almost as dead. After the 1300 VTX came out it did sell. We had 3 or 4 used 1800 VTX for sale at any one time and I rarely saw a used 1300.

I ride a wing and enjoy its long distance cruise capablilty. Having reverse gear is a huge factor in my choosing it. When a bike exceeds 700 pounds, for many riders the thing is simply to cumbersome. The truimph triple does seem to makle its own market however.

Just my thoughts......

#11 ·
We had a get together at a dealership in Toronto, and they had a big shot from Honda answering questions. He would not let up any info about the 2011's. I'm riding a 2000 GL1500 and not moving until at least 1 year after they change the style. I always wait till they iron some of the bugs out and hear feedback from other riders.
BR

#12 ·
I was at a toy run this Dec and wanted to leave before the rush of 600 bikes . I was parked downhill on a good grade and needed to back-up about 25 ft to get out because bikes were in front of me. I would never been able to do it without reverse.

#13 ·
Howdy from frozen Alberta Robdog. Yes the 2010 GL is the last to be produced in the Ohio plant, they're moving the production back to a new facility in Japan. The VTX1800 is history also, any left in dealerships were non-current leftovers as there was no production in '09. I wouldn't be surprised to see the new Wing with the dual clutch auto tranny like in the new VFR. Curious as to how you like your Big Red (I'm a Ranger guy meself).

#14 ·
Well i feel lonely when i am out with it . There are no other big reds up here. I was going to buy a polaris until i saw the back of the dealership and saw the belt problems they were having. I'm kinda a honda guy and had honda credit in the past so it was so easy to get the machine . They come too stripped and honda wants big money for everything. My friends rhino is faster but he almost rolled it a bit ago. Now We use my honda all the time . I have never had a honda i was unhappy with. I sure liked the 4 seat polaris and the razor s however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.