Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Jim. I now own a VTX 1800R. I am going to vacation in California (I'm from NJ) in August and would like to rent a Goldwing for a day or 2. I'm going to The Huntington Beach area and I'm going to San Diego for a day or 2 and would like to take my wife down there on the Goldwing. I have driven one at the Americade event near here in Lake George NY and I loved the ride. Now I want my wife to experience the ride also and thought that this would be an excellent time to do so. My question is, where in the area can I get to rent one with 2 helmets? It will be picked up and dropped of at the same place of course. I have over 30 years of riding experience so there won't be an issue there.

Thanks Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
There's quite a few rental companies that feature Wings in their fleet. Check around and enjoy once you find the best deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bud. I guess I was just hoping to find a dealer as close to Huntington Beach as possible. I did check the rental sites but there didn't seam to be many in the area that have Goldwings. Most of them are Harleys.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I did a search for " EagleRider " and didn't come up with anything in the area you were looking for. But you may have better luck. The problem with EagleRider is they give you the first 300 miles free, after that , $ per miles. On my annual trip to Arizona I rent a Harley from a dealership in Phoenix. $ 155.00/day for the Ultra Classic, unlimited free miles and a day means 24 hours. Hey! It's on two wheels.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Jimat47, try these guys and see if they have what you're looking for:

http://goedr.com/

They're are in Costa Mesa, I believe.

Rapier

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Yer too quick for me Rapier! But, they do rent Wings, & they are in Costa Mesa between Newport and Huntington I believe. Not sure of the rates. When I was in Florida, Riva South was supposed to rent Wings (they're affiliated with Eaglerider or were) but all they have now is Harleys too. Didn't much matter in the end, when there's 4 of you in the Keys, you need a cage anyway.:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jimat47, try these guys and see if they have what you're looking for:

http://goedr.com/

They're are in Costa Mesa, I believe.

Rapier
Thanks Rapier. That site looks exactly like what I'm looking for.

I do have another question for you. Did you bring your own helmet or did you or do they rent helmets?

Thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I've never rented from them. I was just able to find their website for you. I thought I read that they provide helmets, but the rest of the gear (jackets, gloves, etc) would be extra.

Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Good detective work Rapier. Helmets are provided for rider and passanger. $ 159.00/day including tax and insurance is a very good price. And look ! They have an '08 White Wing ! Jim, your going to love riding a White Wing. It will look great set against the background of the blue ocean. I've heard the White Wing excels in performance and agility. You owe us pictures for this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Rapier. That's all I wanted to know. I really don't want to carry my and my wife's helmets on the plane out there.

Jim:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rental of goldwing

Thanks again rapier. I did rent from EDR. Hate to say it but I didn't like the bike at all. I think it was the bottom of the line wing. I have been on a couple before and was much happier. Guess I'm used to all the extras. I'm going to rent again but near home with a wing that's more to my liking. Sorry for the late response but I forgot.
Thanks again for those that helped me.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Yeah, you roll the dice on a rental bike. Much more so than with a rental car, IMHO. Thanks for the response, even if it was a bit late.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts