Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weeks ride (Saturday) up highway 49 (Mariposa - Coulterville) and 120 (Groveland/Yosemite). Other members of the group chickened out of our long ride and two guys crashed (BMW and Concours following an ST). I'm glad they didn't come with us.

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Nice Ride Dook, Thanks for the show.:D

·
Premium Member
24,119 Posts
WooHoo. Another Voodoo ride from Dookoo. One more reason why I run a Kumho tire. Endorsed and tested on the real roads.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
That one made me nauseous!!! You really need to come to the Real Dragon

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That one made me nauseous!!! You really need to come to the Real Dragon
Too far! I have to work with what I have. If I have to trailer someplace to go ride, I must be crazy. However, if I ever make it to those parts, trust me, I'll check it off my list of to do's.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Seemed like a nice leisurely ride in the country lol. Do you guys ever ride slow?

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
DooKoo, don't you ever ride straight up????? You always seem to be leaning and scraping.....LOL

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We do like a brisk pace thats for sure. Next ride, I'll video something more scenic and less 'nauseous'. You remember this video right? It is possible.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
That was awesome Dookoo. I'd love to get both the Wing and the RC on a road like that, and very little traffic too. Love that brake modulator on DF's ST. Don't know why you let him shut the door on you on that outside turn pass opportunity though:confused::D:p

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was awesome Dookoo. I'd love to get both the Wing and the RC on a road like that, and very little traffic too. Love that brake modulator on DF's ST. Don't know why you let him shut the door on you on that outside turn pass opportunity though:confused::D:p
Every bike in our regular riding group uses the LED brake modulator. DKF started it, I was next, and the rest is history. As a rule, none of us ever pass unless we are motioned by the rider in front. This keeps the egos in check for the most part and bad decision making to a minimum. I see this situation played out with bad results almost everytime I ride with a less organized group. On the track, yes, but not on the road.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
The two of you were obviously very much in sync with each other and comfortable in each other's ability(s). Was purely tongue in cheek about the opening;) That's why I typically will ride at the back in a group that I have never ridden with before; all too often there is ego issues. More so with my HD buds (not them personally, we ride lots together), it's the sometimes friends that join up with us that feel their oats and act the bollox. Very worrisome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts