Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Bought me a like new looking set of pipes for my 85 Interstate and although they look fantastic as far as NICE chome, no dents and the price I had to pay, 240.00 for the set. I hope that's less than the new price?:eek::eek: Anyway, I'm happy other than the fact that I have no gaskets for the connection. Well, I did have them but they were really all mashed up and in really bad shape.

Can anyone tell me were I might purchase a set? Used, New, I really don't care as they can't be seen but one of the things I like most about a Goldwing is the sound of a nice smooth running motor with no exhaust leaks... They just plain sound SWEET!!!

Does anyone have a set they would be willing to part with at a resonable price, or maybe tell me where to look to buy a set??

Oh, by the way, the bikes coming along very well. The Alt. conversion is coming along well. I've ordered more than 50 small and big parts off on-line auctions (Trim parts mostly that I wanted for this restore, all stock parts, it's just that some parts on my bike needed to be replaced to have a nice looking ride when finished.) but these are something I just can't find and not sure why..

Thanks in advance for ANY help on this matter! The pipes are mounted and what leaks it has are very small but when it comes my Wing a leak's a leak and I just have to fix this somehow to have that SWEET Goldwing sound!!!

Thanks everyone you guys have been a huge help! Still looking at a finish date of well before spring!:D "Life is SWEET!"

Best Regards,
Ben

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
most times reusing the old gaskets will cause an exhaust leak, some times you'll get lucky but i would just get new ones. youcan get them from honda or some of the online vendors, i et mine from the honda dealer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help AGAIN Guys.... Shows again people that know and are willing to help out are everywhere on this forum when the NEWBIE guys in a pinch! I'll order them up on Monday and should have them in 7-10 days. Smooth and a nice quite ride, I just can't hardly wait!!

What about new shock boots for the rear shocks, can anyone help me out there?? Mine are 25 years old and cracking. A new set sure would look nice and I'm fix'n to replace my tires with the Dunlop tires, so it would be the perfect time to replace my boots if anyone knows where I might find those also???:eek::D

Once AGAIN, Thanks to ALL!!!

BEST Regards,
Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts