Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a retired Marine and I would like to put the Marine Corps Emblem off my Dress Blue's Hat on the front of my Wing.

But I do not want to have to polish it all the time.

Anyone know where I can get if plated to match the Gold from the Plated "Goldwing" Emblem, or perhaps know who and where to write at Honda to see if they will do it?

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
No info for the Honda connection but did you ever consider a Powdercoat finish?

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Maybe a good polishing, then wipe with some rubbing alcohol, then a squirt of Clear coat.

Got the badge from my dress Air Force Cap on my right side fairing pocket cover.

Thanks for your service.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Maybe a good polishing, then wipe with some rubbing alcohol, then a squirt of Clear coat.

Got the badge from my dress Air Force Cap on my right side fairing pocket cover.

Thanks for your service.
Now Ron I must admit that is part of your Bling that even I like.:D:D

I was just thinking this am about my Dad in his Blues in the old days when we were growing up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
that would look great. an idea, you might find locally one of those trophy shops, they have allll kinds of stuff made and they probably have decent contacts for something like this.

Bob

Thank you for your service to our country.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Like Bob said a Trophy might have something that will stand up to the weather.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thank you for your many years of service. Advanced plating may be your answer. If they cannot do it for you I am sure those nice people will send you to the right place to get a professional job that you and your medal deserve.
www.advancedplating.com their work has been on many TV shows like Hot Rod Tv Trucks etc. I checked and they do 24 k gold but you may consider doing the foe powder coating gold for a less expensive option. Good luck and great idea.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Well I can tell you from experience that if you have gold, you are going to need to polish it. I had a ton of 24kt on my 1200 and it took me 'days' (not hours) to shine it for the quest of the trophy.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Thank you for your service to our Country and I think that the Marine Corp emblem would look great on the front of your Wing.

Good luck in your quest to make it work!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.