Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question on the forum a couple of years back when I was working on a gear position indicator for my daughter's GL1800 and was trying to find out if anyone had one working using the onboard gear position switch. My inquiry did not get any responses so I don't know if there is no interest or no knowledge. I purchased a 2010 GL1800 July of this year and have the design complete and working. Rather than going into a lot of boring details about the design if anyone is interested contact me and I will help you as much as I can. I'm 75 years old and not interested in getting rich and certainly not interested in teaching electronics. If you have the ability to make the digital part work then contact me and I will help you with the signal conditioning.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Oldtoot,

I am pretty old everywhere but here.
So, welcome back and it is awfully nice of you to offer others your help.
Also, congrats on the new bike.
I hope to write online, at age 75, that I.....well, I'll just be happy to be writing much less riding.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have always thought that it would be great to have a "heads up" display of the gear position (and speed, tach, etc). In other words, it would shine up from the dash onto the back of the windscreen. That might sound complicated but it is really very simple technology that has been around for decades. The only hurdle would be converting from analog to digital gauges (2012?). Plus it is much safer than looking down for the information. I hope Honda is viewing this...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That's a very generous offer oldtoot, and I'm real sorry you got no response on your first try. I'm about as good with electronics as a one armed paper hanger in a wind storm, so it's out of my league for sure. C Dexter I doubt we'll see anything in the form of H.U.D. on the Wings for 2012 when the new model comes out, they'd be more likely to put that in the HondaJet first, but I agree it would be pretty cool. I don't see why Honda couldn't incorporate a gear indicator into the LCD; mind you if it's like my OD light, I can't read that in the sunlight anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts