Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Bikes can be found in my "about" section
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

So, my '87 Goldwing has this issue with the cassette to aux device I bought; it only plays out of the right speaker.
However, I know the device works. In the older car I have, I used it, and it works like it's supposed to, no issues.

The Goldwing's radio works just fine with AM/FM and other cassette tapes, just not this device.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
There is a chance that the converter does not make contact with the left channel in you Goldwing cassette deck. My 93 had this problem and I had to insert and move the converter around to get both channels, finally I went with an FM converter problem solved.

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
264 Posts
I went with the FM converter that plugs into the antenna port on my 88 with a cassette deck. Like Barry, never a problem with it working right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are these "FM Converters" you speak of? Link?
The only ones I know of plug into cigarette lighters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must be missing something :ROFLMAO:
I don't seem to have a cigarette lighter port.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Auto Zone sells Fm converters that are battery powered, they work great and no 12 volt socket needed. On our 1500 we had a battery powered converter and small mp3 player in the left front pocket.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You want to get a modulator. They are a direct line to the radio. A converter uses a FM frequency to send a radio signal to the radio through the antenna. If you live or travel in an urban area, a FM radio station on the frequency you set can overpower the converter signal. You will have to switch frequencies on the converter and the bike radio.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking of the one I used on the 1500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the modulator, like the one snowmoer linked, connects to the antenna on one end and phone on other? I'm sure it's not too difficult, but I've never seen one of these gadgets before.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The Fm converter works fine and is all plug and play been though many major cities and have never had a problem with a radio station interfering with it if you are concerned set it to 88.1 since there is nothing there to interfere. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll go check my auto parts store for one, but I'd still like information on the other. Can never have too much knowledge :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.