Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on another forum. Nameless. lol Trike Lady mentioned some "chopper" Wings the other day.... and I thought they were cool. This looks like a fun in town ride.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Suddenly I feel overdressed for the occasion. Certainly bikes I would admire without feeling compelled to ride. The beauty of simplicity.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Actually, those are bikes I WOULD ride...to a couple select locations where my HD buds hang. They'd be interested, appear somewhat non-plussed, distractedly curious, but outwardly casual. Then in secret, they'd be wildly impressed, and more than a bit jealous...no more tinkering on the finicky pushrod v-twin and the worry about taking it ANYWHERE on the open road for several thousand miles in a week. Dang, it's a Honda:D
No slagg inferred or intended vintage HD (at least post 1970 anyway) enthusiasts (I love the original FXR bikes) but it shows what the early GL's were made of..and what the possibilities still are.:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Now...thats my kinda bobber. I could wear leather with that.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
larry thats octanes's goldwing, he has another that is simular but has a supercharger on it. octain is an occaisional member on NGW. actually he has contributed alot. last we heard he was working on an old bsa or triumph

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you see these types of customs, done by people who ride motorcycles, you can see the reason for the customization. Unlike the junk that is put out for show.... namely the one after another chopper with the V Twin engine.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
People build customs for different reasons. Some just out of desire for a visibly different ride of their own, some for the notoriety, some for fame/$$, but some just because they want to actually ride something that nobody else has. The show bike customs are nothing more than sidewalk furniture IMO, but some of them (like a few of these) are actual rider's daily's. Hat's off to them!:cool:

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People build customs for different reasons. Some just out of desire for a visibly different ride of their own, some for the notoriety, some for fame/$$, but some just because they want to actually ride something that nobody else has. The show bike customs are nothing more than sidewalk furniture IMO, but some of them (like a few of these) are actual rider's daily's. Hat's off to them!:cool:
+1 well said.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts