Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to find "NICE" goldwing apparel? Sorry I've checked out the items sold by many of the major Goldwing sites and they all are lame... Went to a H&D brick and mortor store today, for my brothers birthday, what a great selection... I own a large embroidery shop and like nice apparel, I do not mind paying for it. I would make it myself but Goldwing "Honda" probable would not like that...Goldwing is a better bike how come we do not have better apparel...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have a few jackets and two designs that are printed on tees. Yes they are nice but not special. Have you been to a Harley shop, not a fan of the bike but am of their apparel...

·
Vendor
686 Posts
You are correct, HD does the apparel thing RIGHT! Licensed Honda apparel for the goldwing has been tried many times by a few different companies, we carry any and all apparel that is made. There is a market for goldwing apparel out there, but it seems no one has captured the market correctly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lets see, a nice jacket and gloves or the world best touring machine. :)

I ride to fast, to far and to often to ride a HD. I love that quote. :D

Seriously, we do need more GW apparel, but until then I'm going to keep riding my GW like I stole it with a HD Jacket on. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Lets see, a nice jacket and gloves or the world best touring machine. :)

I ride to fast, to far and to often to ride a HD. I love that quote. :D

Seriously, we do need more GW apparel, but until then I'm going to keep riding my GW like I stole it with a HD Jacket on. :D
you mean like she did

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Harley sells clothes, the motorcycle is secondary. If you buy a Harley you have to buy a T-Shirt from every shop you visit, to show you actually made it that far. Honda riders are concerned with riding, not being a walking advertisement for the bike. It's nice to have a jacket and a t-shirt with the logo on it, but do you own a lot of clothes with the type of automobile you drive plastered all over them??
A friend of mine who has a GW and an ST1300 was looking at a Harley Road King, his wife asked him " IF WE BUY ONE OF THINGS DOES THAT MEAN WE HAVE TO BUY ALL THOSE HARLEY CLOTHES ALSO??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree that the Goldwing is a superior bike in all ways... I would not have dreamed about MONDAY (This Monday I get my first wing) for the last 15 years if I did not agree the Goldwing is the best ride out there.. I just want a classie shirt and or sweatshirt maybe a nice hat to wear that reflexs the style and class of a Goldwing... I do not need to be a billboard. If anyone in the club knows how to get the licensing approved by Honda my company can do the work. Thanks

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Willy G might have made a balls out of it when he designed the Road Glide, but his daughter knew what she was doing when she headed up the apparel division. Shoot, I can't even order a pit shirt from Honda right now, they're discontinued:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Allan,

I have had my wing for a month now. I was like you at first, I wanted some cool and hip clothes to wear on my wing. Then I discovered all the stuff to add to my bike to make it ready for some long and comfortable rides. Thanks to Wingstuff.com in the last month I put the clothes on hold and added:

1. Engine Pan
2. Utopia Backrest
3. Highway Pegs.
3. CB Radio
4. Drink holder
5. Rear Color matched Spoiler
6. Bike cover
7. Service Manual

P.S. when you make that first order make sure and join the VIP club. It cost like $35.00 but in one month I have saved over $400.00 Well worth the cost when you include your savings!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
When Honda had the denim vest that was one of their better Goldwing wearables.
When they had the first Millennium jackets, those were nice I own two of them.
When the offered the jackets that read 'Goldwing Since 1975' those were nice.
When they had the 'Blue Ridge' jackets they were nice too.
Then there were the 'Power Ranger' Goldwing jackets. Didn't like them at all.
Can somebody design garments for Goldwing owners that are stylish?
You may have to contact American Honda for more information.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
While I had the 1200, both the wife and I had the black Goldwing leather jackets and riding pants. Great suits, great fit, good protection (for the day) good looking (the suits lol) and reasonable price. Pants were hot for walking, but some lightweight long undewear (not jeans) made them bearable. Wife has the Nirvana jacke now, and it's nice. My CBR jacket is about done, so I'll look at the Nirvana jacket too. Both of us have the Nirvana riding pants. I don't care for the currnet Goldwing jackets.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
The gloves were nice with the Goldwing logo, but they started to come off and then I eventually took them off. They had a gel palm that wasn't that great, I bought a cheap pair of bicycle gloves in Wal-mart that were made better.
The hats are nice and I did get the one that has 'Goldwing since 1975' on it and I even managed to get one for a GL1500 that was nice. I have a knitted cap with the Goldwing logo. Some stuff is nice and some is not.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I'm still wearing my HD gear, but it would be nice to walk into a Honda Shop and have a nice selection on Wing Gear....It drives my dealer crazy when I walk in with a Harley T-Shirt to get service for my Gold Wing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts