Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goldwing air compressor

I'm lost I need to know where do I look to find forum about air compressor Mine doesn't seem to work I checked fuse but it doesn't do anything how do I trouble shoot nothing in owners manual1988 1500

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
There is a relay in the relay box, located on the left side just to the rear of the fuse panel box. In order to get it out or open. Loosen or remove all the bolts in the left saddle, you may also have to remove the passenger floor board or peg to get the wiggle room you'll need to get the fuse/relay assembly out to open it.
Can you hear the relay click when to try to use the compressor ?/.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
My shop manual says to
1. check fuses 6,7,and 10 in the fuse box.
If they are good,
2. Turn the key to P and press the air outlet button.
Does the pump run in this position. If it does.
3. then with the key in P,Acc, or On position, then push the Check button and see if relay 5 clicks. if relay 5 does not click then we have to get relay 5 out and check it.

Somethings that might help me help you. Did this just happen ? Has it ever worked since you've own the bike ?????

From the Northwest corner.
Ron

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Here ya go gboehm123: Bump!

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Ok if the fuses are good, I'm wondering if someone swapped relay 5 and relay 3 the tail main relay. I had relay 3 ( tail lights and gauges) fail on the road and in order to get home I took the air compressor relay #5 and put it in place of relay 3. I even suggested doing that here on the board a few months ago.
I've been around a lot of 1500's and never heard of the compressor quit working, but I guess there is a first time for every thing.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It clicks once then stops it's a loud click then a weak one when I try it again It's cold and late I'll check it otu in the daylight tomorow and get back to you thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts