Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My brother lost his key along with the key code. Is there anyone who can help on what to do in this situation? I called the dealership that we bought the bike of and they said they don’t have the key code in record. Any recommendations on what to do in this case?

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You can purchase the fob part number 35111-MKC-A01.
Contact a locksmith or a new ignition switch from the dealer. The VIN should allow for new keys to be cut.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Your dealer should have given your brother a folder with important documents for his 2018 model Goldwing. It should have an extra key inside the folder which is a duplicate of the one stored in the key fob. My dealer also taped the key code number tag, a small stainless steel item, to the outside of the folder. Maybe your dealer put it inside the packet when you took delivery of the WIng. It is really tiny so finding it inside with documents could take some looking.

In addition, my dealer wrote the "scantag code" number on the outside of the packet which is an emergency code to start the Wing when the fob goes dead or is lost. I have stored this code in the notes app on my Iphone with step by step instructions how to start the Wing in an emergency. My backup key is discreetly duct taped inside the steering column area in case the fob and its emergency key is lost.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply!! He has the key code attached with his key and he lost both. Do you know anywhere where he might find his key code using the bike vin number?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can't help you regarding using the VIN number. I would contact a Honda dealer and see how they can help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts