Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to attempt to replace the oil seal and dust seal on my forks. Are there any specialized tools required? Does anyone have any experience with replacing the seals?
Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... I Too Will Be Doing Fork Seals On My 85 Ltd ... I Have Changed Many Seals On My Dirt Bikes And There Were No Probs. ... On The 85 It Has Air Suspension So Air Forks Will Be A First For Me But Looking Forward To Doing The Job ... As Far As I Know There Are No Special Tools Required ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
fork seal

I've done fork seals on hondas & harleys(Stock Showa forks on the harley!Just like the Honda.) Follow the manual and itll go well. You may need to get a seal driver or make one from steel or plastic pipe. I am posting this soo long after your original but I hope it helps. if you have any trouble or questions let us know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the input. I have completed the fork seal replacement. I was able to use PVC for the seal driver. I used the 15w fork oil purchased from the local honda dealer. all went well so far. I have driven the bike once since the replacement and all seems good.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts