Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting '08 GW 1800 on Mar. 11.

Am excited to go to Houston on the 11th. to pick up my "new" '08 GW. Going to fly into Houston and ride the bike back to South MS. It has everything but the airbags.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Good for you GD, I read your centramatics post 1st & thought I missed something. "I thought GD had a 1500?" Congrats & ride safe.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Am I behind the times, or did this decision happen at the spur of the moment ? Last I remember you were doing some repairs / modifications to your Wing. I don't recall even a hint of an 1800. What brought this on ? You are certainly in for a different ride, or so I've been told. Welcome to the 21st Century .

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
You are certainly in for a different ride, or so I've been told.
Some Saturday morning you just may have to find out.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
eight days and counting down, congrats

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Congrats on your new 1800. As great as the 1500 is, you are going to love the 1800. Good luck and enjoy the ride home. Take a few detours on the way...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can I ask which dealer you bought it from? I am in the area and was just curious. Congrats on the new ride. The 1800 is very nice. Your gonna love it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, I have an 08 and its great. Just wondered, why are you going so far to get a wing, it is new or used, did you find it on the internet.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Great! You find a new one online? Enjoy the break in ride. The weather forecast looks good. You going to take the back roads through Jasper, Tx, Alexandria, LA, and Natchez, MS?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, not spur of the moment in my mind. Got a great deal on the 1500 so I began working on it myself to get it in top shape so I could get the best dollar on it so I could move it on up. Have a pastor friend in Houston area who has a riding club in his church so I called him and told him I was ready to make the move if he knew anyone selling an 1800. One of his riders was ready to bail out...an 1800 w/ heated seats, grips; ABS; CB; Navi; backrest; rack; spoiler, etc. All but airbag. He is putting both tires new on it and K&N filter. It has 24K miles on it. I am giving him $14K and riding away with a big grin on my face. I sold my Shadow 1100, an extra old car and selling my 1500 and will take him a bankers check!!! How sweet it is. (Can't figure out how to post a pic of it.)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess you can say it was premeditated. I sent you an email with the pic. Hope you can post it for me. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
And it's RED, GD. Congrats again.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
And it's RED.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whoa, that is stunning. This is like Christmas to a kid...having to wait 'til next Friday. Is this Caliente Red?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts