Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across this Video, sorry if it's been posted before. I would be a little nervous trying to stop quickly!

http://youtu.be/rJJGGqsm0Fc

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i don't remember if it has been posted but that vid has been around awhile

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't remember if it has been posted but that vid has been around awhile
I should have known but being a Wing Noob I'm drawn like a moth to a light to that kind of thing!

·
Registered
326 Posts
You can buy one. They run $177,000.00. The dolly has its own braking system. The bike only steers the dolly and provides forward thrust. I contacted these guys when they were first developing this vehicle. i asked to be the American distributor for them. Sadly, our gu'mint will not allow a motorcycle to tow a car. It is the same mentality that prevented scooters with disc brakes and anti-lock braking, etc. and TWO HAND BRAKES from coming to America for so long. Our gu'mint said you couldn't have TWO hand brakes, because the vehicle code (circa 1917) states that a motorcycle MUST have a hand brake and a foot brake so the rider can use his left hand to signal his turns and stops. Never accuse the U.S. Gu'mint of moving too quickly on anything beneficial to America. They are too busy trying to destroy the country.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never accuse the U.S. Gu'mint of moving too quickly on anything beneficial to America. They are too busy trying to destroy the country.
I hear ya!

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
Seeing that Wing pulling a car is not all that different from what I feel riding a passenger.

·
Super Moderator
28,494 Posts
Seeing that Wing pulling a car is not all that different from what I feel riding a passenger.
Oh you better hope Mz. Vick doesn't see this!:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Our rider educator did his article in this month's chapter newsletter on the gvwr rating of a goldwing. Stating that we only had about 412 lbs to play with. Sorry to say, between my co-rider and I, we slightly exceed that weight limit without anything in the truck or bags! LOL!!

·
Administrator
25,937 Posts
Used to be "have Wing will travel" with this it's "have Wing will rescue!":D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Our rider educator did his article in this month's chapter newsletter on the gvwr rating of a goldwing. Stating that we only had about 412 lbs to play with. Sorry to say, between my co-rider and I, we slightly exceed that weight limit without anything in the truck or bags! LOL!!
That's why you buy the Air Bag model! I hear it give you another 185 lb. of payload capacity :D

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts