Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hello from KY, the gateway to the South. Seems kinda lonely here in the Southeast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll agree with that! We were in Hot Springs Ark. last April, with our Corvette group. There are some pretty sweet roads up in the mountains there, and not a lot of traffic to deal with, either. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in Nashville. Within a few hours you can ride everything from flat country to the Smokies (expecially, "The Dragon"). I love all the backroads and twisties in this part of the country. Sometimes I forget there is life off the GL. Bummer...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the board, AlabamaWing. Haven't been here long myself. You may want to go to the new members forum and do an into there.

Got any hills or twisties down your way?
Not a whole lot but can piece together a few good rides here and there.

I like to go to the Smokies a lot - just 250 miles from Deals Gap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fla.

S.W. Fla here on the Paradise Coast (Naples, FLA) riding a '87 GL1200i Interstate. Member of FL-2 G Yellow Jackets GWRRA. Anyone coming to FLA. let us know and stop by and see us at FL-2 G.
Remember to Ride Safe and Be Seen!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mike,
First off Welcome to The Wild World of GW. I have a 87 Interstate with 12,413 miles on her. If you have any questions the guy I go to is capnfred57 here. Fred is really good on the older wings. He has a 84 aspy. Also Join GWRRA for you can find alot of good info on the member boards there for Our Classic Wings.

Again, Welcome to the forum and hope to see you on the road. Till then, Ride Safe and Be Seen!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Florida is great to ride in except during season down here when we are overloaded with "Snowbird's" who have forgotten how to drive.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I am in Columbus Ga Area. I love Tenn,and North Carolina, Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon, We also get a lot more riding time in the South

·
Registered
392 Posts
where at in the south? im in arkansas there is some purty rodes to road here. :p
Now thats what i'm talking about........another ARKIE on line!!!:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ahh, small world, I'm in Columbus as well. I just bought a co-workers 05 wing today. I had an 05 for a couple years but sold a couple years ago.

Chris

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I am in Pensacola, Florida and I will be headed to Deals Gap to stay at the motorcycle lodge at the foot of the dragon in a couple of months. I am retired but I teach a couple of classes at the community college so I have to wait until spring break to take any kind of a trip. I just bought a new 2010 wing with Nav (Option #2) and can't wait to break it in on the dragon.
You Will enjoy the Dragon Watch your speed becouse the Cops will,
Check out the Cherohala Skyway it is great only 18 miles from the Dragon in Robbinsville N.C you will enjoy it

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
Greetings from middle Mississippi. Good riding around here on any state highway with three numbers; like 481 through the Bienville National Forest. Also any road colored gray on the map; like the Old Port Gibson Road from Raymond to Port Gibson. Not twisties like in the mountains but nice sweeping curves and rolling country. I lived on the coast for 22 years and just moved up here last year. Member GWRRA MS-F.

Thanks for the tip Dacusville5, that Highway 276 at Caesars Head State Park, SC will be on my list to visit next fall. This spring I plan a long weekend on the roads around Jackson, TN.
Mark

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I live just east of Gluckstadt. Where do you live? The Trace is a nice ride anywhere along it, but north of Tupelo is best. If you are on the coast HWy 43 or 15 are good rides. The GWRRA groups are good to ride with. We are in MS-F in Jackson and it is a nice group that is always riding somewhere.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.