Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the great southeast is your stomping grounds, this is your forum!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello from KY, the gateway to the South. Seems kinda lonely here in the Southeast.

·
Registered
55 Posts
where at in the south? im in arkansas there is some purty rodes to road here. :p
I'll agree with that! We were in Hot Springs Ark. last April, with our Corvette group. There are some pretty sweet roads up in the mountains there, and not a lot of traffic to deal with, either. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm in Nashville. Within a few hours you can ride everything from flat country to the Smokies (expecially, "The Dragon"). I love all the backroads and twisties in this part of the country. Sometimes I forget there is life off the GL. Bummer...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Cleveland TN and I've got to agree with Jim, great riding within a very short time distance.

Ken Dale
2009 Honda Goldwing (Level 3)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome

1st post and Huntsville, AL here.
Welcome to the board, AlabamaWing. Haven't been here long myself. You may want to go to the new members forum and do an into there.

Got any hills or twisties down your way?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the board, AlabamaWing. Haven't been here long myself. You may want to go to the new members forum and do an into there.

Got any hills or twisties down your way?
Not a whole lot but can piece together a few good rides here and there.

I like to go to the Smokies a lot - just 250 miles from Deals Gap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, all. 1st Post here. From Lyons, Ga. Bought a 2006 Goldwing with 2445 miles on it yesterday. Love it already, but still have a lot to learn about it. Will be riding it to Mobile, AL in early May.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Knoxville, TN here - in the middle of GSMNP/Foothills Parkway/Blue Ridge Parkway/Cherohala/Deal's Gap/Devils Triangle. Choices choices....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fla.

S.W. Fla here on the Paradise Coast (Naples, FLA) riding a '87 GL1200i Interstate. Member of FL-2 G Yellow Jackets GWRRA. Anyone coming to FLA. let us know and stop by and see us at FL-2 G.
Remember to Ride Safe and Be Seen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
in charleston SC

HI im a new rider. just picked up a 84 intrestate my first street bike so i dont have any thing to compare it to...... however i test rode a sportster which im sure is an ok bike,,,, but i am sticking with the goldwing. i had some problems with the brakes and inop fan , the fan hapen to be two things,, the thermal switch and no power due to the inline fuse holder bad. wow... took forever to find the fuse. it was along the left side under the seat. the back brake and right front brake would start to hang and really bind us after a short time riding. i rebuilt the master cylinder all seems well now... the temp gage wasnt working either it was the gage itself. hardest part of that was getting to it......... lots to remove to get to that instrument cluster..... just had to get the temp. pointer moving freely.. a ever so slight tweak.... get it all back together works fine. but noticed today the tach is sticking a bit...... its a high mileage bike with 97500 on her. it puff a lil smoke (oil) when i just start up. not all the time but occasionally. it always immediatly stops . i also get a ticking from the right every now and then a friend told me it from an exhaust leak. has anyone heard of this???

is there any additive that may work and what oil is reccomended for high mileage wings? wow so much to learn....:) all take care!!! and if ever in the north charleston area give a shout !!

mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mike,
First off Welcome to The Wild World of GW. I have a 87 Interstate with 12,413 miles on her. If you have any questions the guy I go to is capnfred57 here. Fred is really good on the older wings. He has a 84 aspy. Also Join GWRRA for you can find alot of good info on the member boards there for Our Classic Wings.

Again, Welcome to the forum and hope to see you on the road. Till then, Ride Safe and Be Seen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the info. i did a oil change switchimg to honda's synth. w/o molly which was reccomended from the dealership. she seems to run well..... i too am from florida jacksonville. i amcurrently working in charleston SC. its a 4 hr drive. I retired from the USN in 2004 so I too hold a special spot in my heart for vets and all who currently serve. hope to soon get a chance to ride with fellow vets in a ride. take care

mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Richmond--Your in the South brother! Oh yeah, the great state of NC.
1985 Aspy 47k, and only 2 months in my garage. As others have said "LOVE IT"

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.