Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I traded my GL1500, I've been on a pilgrimage to find a bike that I liked as much and--more importantly--would treat my ancient knees kindly and fit my mission requirements.

After a Stratoliner (loved it), another VT1100 Shadow, and a VT1300CS, this March I finally found my heart throb.

Not many seem to like them, but I love its design and features and it fits me to a "T". After 2000+ miles, my initial infatuation has been verified ten times over.

Honda's CTX 1300A. My dream machine: Rhapsody in blue:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
11,505 Posts
Nice looking bike, enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
28,145 Posts
We all ride what works for us and that is a fine looking machine.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Nice looking bike. Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Good looking Bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I ride solo. The CTX has a nice pillion backrest option as well as a trunk/backrest, but I don't need it.

The options over and above the deluxe equipment (ABS, Traction control, self canceling turn signals, etc.) were heated grips, touring windshield and luggage rack.

I avoided having the pillion backrest as it would have interfered with strapping on my touring roll bag.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I really like the looks of those - congratulations and I hope you'll report back after a few thousand more miles to give us a longer term evaluation.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Love that dark blue. Good luck with your new scoot.

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
That is a great looking bike. Glad you are enjoying it.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Have one of them sitting on the showroom floor as I type this. Very interesting machine and is really very comfy just sitting on it. Curious about the tall windscreen though, neither Honda Canada nor USA lists a touring w/s, is yours an aftermarket screen?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have one of them sitting on the showroom floor as I type this. Very interesting machine and is really very comfy just sitting on it. Curious about the tall windscreen though, neither Honda Canada nor USA lists a touring w/s, is yours an aftermarket screen?

Hello-

My tall (touring) windscreen comes straight from Honda (there are several aftermarket versions as well). I looked at the Honda Powersports site

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/ctx1300/build.aspx

And the tall screen is listed as an available option for $125.95 USD

I was also bemused to find that the Canadian CTX1300 comes with a 3 year warranty, center stand and heated grips as standard equipment. The US version has a 1 year warranty and the center stand and heated grips are available as options (expensive options, I might add:surprise:)

The three options I ordered with mine were the heated grips, luggage rack and tall windscreen. And a frustratingly long wait to get it in blue (red and black are immediately available everywhere).

But the wait was worth it. I started with Honda 50's when they were new. This is the best bike I've ever swung a leg over.:smile2:

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Strange, I checked Honda.com and couldn't find the screen at all. Nothing listed with Honda Canada at all for accessories. But our model has the bluetooth, heated grips and stand already on them, only way they come. Colour is the same though, Ion Blue metallic. Our MSRP is noticeably higher too, duh. $3k rebate on them right now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Strange, I checked Honda.com and couldn't find the screen at all. Nothing listed with Honda Canada at all for accessories. But our model has the bluetooth, heated grips and stand already on them, only way they come. Colour is the same though, Ion Blue metallic. Our MSRP is noticeably higher too, duh. $3k rebate on them right now.
Interesting indeed. In the USA the CTX1300 is available in a Standard and a Deluxe model.

The Standard uses a slightly brighter color scheme (which I'd actually have preferred) but comes without ABS, Traction Control, Bluetooth (available as an option) and self canceling turn signals.

The Deluxe comes with the ABS, T/C, Bluetooth, automatic turn signals and a "blacked out":frown2: motif for wheels and center section.

Available options include some chrome for the fairing, cylinder heads and turn signals, luggage rack, luggage trunk/backrest, pillion backrest, heated grips, touring windshield, center stand, 12vdc outlet, LED fog lamps.

Honda has really been negligent in promoting the CTX1300. Its 2014 introductory US price of $17499 (Deluxe model) has dropped considerably. The dealership where I purchased mine is now offering its CTX Deluxe inventory with a base price of $10,900 USD (plus tax). That pricing includes the Honda $3000 bonus buck discount. Optional equipment extra. They do have a red one that they've added every available option and it's advertised at $13,535 (plus tax).

As no CTX1300's have been produced in 2015, I have to wonder whether Honda is reassessing the model and its market position. Perhaps they didn't promote the CTX because they were afraid it would nibble at the F6 lineup.

In two months and 3000 miles I have yet to see another one on the road.

I suspect I'm now the proud owner of an instant collectors' item:smile2: Doesn't bother me at all; the bike is a dream for me.

The only drawback I've really found is that it's so stable at low speed I'm afraid one day I'll forget to put my foot down at a stop signal:surprise:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sharp bike, that CTX1300. It could probably replace my old beloved ST1300A, but undoubtedly less top heavy.

I now have a Burgman Executive, which I love, but if not for my age (74) I'd be on a CTX1300A.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts