Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a small 5 LED "click light" for the trunk on my 1500.I tried a 2 part epoxy that did'nt hold,then I tried hot glue which held for a while,then the light fell off. I did clamp the light overnight.What kind of glue will hold on the underside of the trunk? How about this unseasonably warm weather here in northern Illinois? Alot of the road work is done,so I went out for a couple of hours just for fun.The weatherman said it was 74 here and only 70 in Phoenix!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Either the shape (not much contact surface) and or contamination is often the culprit.
Seems like plain old super glue should hold plastic to plastic but.....see above.

Haven't seen what this looks like but would velcro work?

If nothing else, home depot or lowes might have a plastic loop the right size with a hole for a screw. This would look pretty stock to what else is found on the bike.

Right safe and don't stick yer fingers together to see if it works?

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
billybob get yourself some Dow Silicone Seal #732. We used to use it on our race car & I've used it for everything from embelms on the wife's car to making gaskets for sealing cases on the bikes. Stuff works great.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
billybob get yourself some Dow Silicone Seal #732. We used to use it on our race car & I've used it for everything from embelms on the wife's car to making gaskets for sealing cases on the bikes. Stuff works great.
and don't stick yer fingers together to see if it works? :)

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
and don't stick yer fingers together to see if it works?
Oh boy the Maestro will have fun with that comment.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The 2 part epoxy should have worked. Just clean both surfaces well then sand them with 4400 grit. I used it to glue the connectors back on a side cover. It has worked well so far. After I glued them back in their original place I applied a fillet of epoxy over the base. Then I gave that 5 min epoxy a few days to cure in a hot place.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I use the to double sticky sided Auto molding tape. From NAPA
1.Cut it to size and stick it in place, no waiting for it to dry.
2. If you ever want to remove what ever it was you stuck on, you can use dental floss kind of saw the tape off, no damage to the bike or what ever you stuck, what ever it was you wanted it stuck to something.

From the Northwest Corner
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts