Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
QAny one ever hear a wing with glasspacks on it? Sounds to me like itr might be a good deal. They absorbe the higher frequency sound and let the lower frequency pass. On the 1500 I doubt anyone wo8uld notice the color because they are tucked up under.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I personally wouldn't want my wing to sound like a harley ! I kind of enjoy the quieter bike , that is why i ride a wing !

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
I personally wouldn't want my wing to sound like a harley ! I kind of enjoy the quieter bike , that is why i ride a wing !
ditto and i don't want my wing sounding like a wing in dire need of mufflers

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do recall when I had my GL1200 Interstate, the pipes were stock but I put some turn downs on and they had a nice sound. Not quiet but not too loud. Now the 85 LTD that I have I would like a little more noise then sounding like the jetsons.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
I do recall when I had my GL1200 Interstate, the pipes were stock but I put some turn downs on and they had a nice sound. Not quiet but not too loud. Now the 85 LTD that I have I would like a little more noise then sounding like the jetsons.
put some turn downs on it or enjoy the silence

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Perhaps you could try this solution. I saw it at a Honda Hoot rally a few years back. If you have a friend who owns a Harley, go over and record the sound of his bike running. Then you can play the soundtrack back through your audio system to make your Wing sound like a Harley...... Kind of dumb, but made me laugh....

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Biggest thing I remember about glass pack mufflers is they 'burn out' fairly quickly. I put glass pack sidepipes on my boogie van many moons ago and they burnt out in about a year and a half. They were full length pipes, not like the shorties on our bikes. My guess is they'd be done in a year. Don't know if they can be re-packed, but they should be.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Installed a pair of Alley Cat mufflers on my 1500 years ago. Great sound, doesn't sound like a Harley or a Singer Sewing Machine. :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
My friend drilled the baffles on his factory ovals and they sound good not loud at all. When mines ready I'm going with Torq master Hollywoods and have been considering the torq monster kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
glasspacks

It is odd this should come up today, I was thinking about it earlier. I had a 99 Valkyrie STD and a 00 IS and both had glasspacks make by a guy in Colorado. I cannot remember his name but the company was called Horse Apple Ranch. OH, they sounded mellow. And you could put tractor exhaust stack tips on them. Turn Downs on Tuesday, slash cuts on Wednesday, and Howitzers for the weekend. I need to find this guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could get some Harley Davison stock take off and make
A short off set and you would have a good sounding system
I did this to my gl1000 and will do to my 1500when the time comes

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, you are correct!
I just put a set of turn downs on last week and love the deeper sound, not loud but just a wee bit deeper sound.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Sometimes I think my bike is an electric bike..... not a Singer Sewing Machine. When I want noise, I just turn up the stereo.

I hate loud motorcycles. Not dislike them, I hate them. There were quite a few pirates out yesterday as the weather hit 70 degrees for the first time this year. For some reason, they all want to ride those stupid machines in front of me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts