Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 goldwing with champion trike kit that I would like to put thrush or cherry bomb glass packs on. If I would do this would I have tune the bike for preformanmce?

dapick

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
hello dapick, welcome to GWOF. i don't think anyone on the forum has put glass pack mufflers on their wing

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have an 08 goldwing with champion trike kit that I would like to put thrush or cherry bomb glass packs on. If I would do this would I have tune the bike for preformanmce?

dapick
I doubt changing pipes will change airflow enough to worry about tuning the bike. You have EFI with an onboard computer; install the pipes and see how the EFI adjusts. I'm not even sure what the aftermarket offers in the way of fuel managers for EFI GWs.

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I don't know anyone who has used automotive glass packs on an 1800.
The O2 sensors are in the main pipe assembly. As for a Fuel Pack or Dynojet unit, there are none and trust me I'm always looking.
The ECM takes care of adjustments.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Hi, cherry bombs are cheap enough to experiment with.
Try not to hack up the factory exhaust,see if you can install them
in such a way that you could easily go back to the stock set up if you do not like the noise.
You may need exhaust restriction cones to avoid negative side effects.
I am not sure if any are avalible for the wing but these could be made easy enough.
And yes if you decrease the back pressure with the glass packs you may negitivily effect the performance .the Wing has a cat on it so the side effects if any may be minimal.
http://www.jpcycles.com/performance?Ntt=Exhaust &Ntk=All

·
Banned
2 Posts
I also would like to put a set of mufflers on the trike that make it sound more like a motorcycle than a sewing machine. What does anyone recommend?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I doubt changing pipes will change airflow enough to worry about tuning the bike. You have EFI with an onboard computer; install the pipes and see how the EFI adjusts. I'm not even sure what the aftermarket offers in the way of fuel managers for EFI GWs.
Don't think there is anything out there. Have inquired about mapping in the past and was told there is nada, zilch, zero in the way of tuning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Goodmorning, tried Rush with 2.25" baffels. They sound great from behind but the drone for the rider is not good. Back to stock pipes in 1 week. 2010 with Motortrike conversion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts