Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have our pics and a bit of a travelogue for anyone interested.
we departed home and went as far south as Ft MacLeod AB Wednesday evening. Met up with edmkc and his wife Thursday morning and headed off through Cardston to Babb MT and then on into Glacier Park. WE took the lower (south) Glacier road into East Glacier and on into Kalispell where we arrived at our motel the Hilltop Inn (great spot Denise, thank you for everything) around 4:00 pm. We were the first to arrive so a quick trip to the store for some em, refreshments was in order. Did I say it was er, real warm? Bike showed 33*c/91.4*f, pretty hot for us northern types.
This is herself and I and some of the sights along the south road. If you've never ridden the section between East Glacier and the junction with 89 do it... it's a fabulous biking road. Light traffic (watch out for the free range livestock though) and lots of tight turns and hills and some real good sweepers if you want to get a bit daring. Just watch the signs, there's usually some gravel/repair patches along the way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple of the gang at the Hilltop: Wingrat (Cliff) and I, likely telling more airplane lies; Eric enjoying the fruits of his labours

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Friday morning enroute to the Pass:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
beautiful pic's

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the Summitt Center: View at the top; the missus checking out the meadows; the Alberta Connection; we'd been a bit hard on Ray ("Bluey's" former owner) so he picked a parking spot with all the 'Barleys'); the rest of us parked together:p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heading down the east side of the pass: Great view; "?" Glacier; St Mary Lake; didn't see Ranger Smith but we did see Yogi albeit from a distance; Good friends on a great day

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Wow, the only two times I've been there it was so smokey you couldn't see very far. Thanks for the pictures and notes. I'll share with my better half and show her what she's missing.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do it Mark. Kerry's wife had never been on this kind of a ride before and while she found the heights and roads a bit em, 'trying'. She really enjoyed the views and took tons of pictures (thanks for the photo of the two of us Leanna... spelling?) so hats off to her for being so brave.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And then it had to end:(. Eric and Vanessa, Ron and Betty, Cliff and Pam, and Ray departed for Columbus MT early Sunday morning. While it was warm handshakes and hugs all round, there was an underlying somberness to the farewells. No misty eyes but it wouldn't have taken much to start the waterworks I think.
We were headed north into BC a bit after the group headed off and edmkc and his Mrs were headed for Radium a bit after us. General concensus seemed to be that it needs to be done again in the future. There are many many spots that come to mind for the second Western meet and greet, but that is another story yet to be told. Thank you all my dear friends for being a part of this one and keep the shiny side up!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Great pics, thanks for posting them. I will be calling Eric later tonight to make our plans for the weekend. We are headed out now for dinner with some friends. Got the bike al washed up and ready for some riding in the next couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Great pics everyone. Trip of a lifetime. Ride safe...

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Thanks for the Great Pictures, great Time, and the fond memorys, and some great new friends.
Take care of yourselves and each other.
Ron and Betty

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Nice Pics Daryl and Larry. The Northwest is so gorgeous. Ron asked me to tone my enthusiasm down a notch otherwise all the "flatlanders", as we're called, will all want to move there. Of course I don't forget the belly achin you boys did last winter about the rain. You guys from Washington have a helluva nice place to ride. These pics of Montana are stunning. I'm like Phil and really dig the mountains too.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Larry,
My wife was very impressed by the picture of the lake, was that Lake McDonald? She also like the lodge. I told her we could take a ride there just any time she was up to it.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Looks like a great time was had by all. Sure wish I could have been there. :mad:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Larry it's a good thing you had your 'dark wing' there, the red ones were taking over the landscape being as we were rafting that afternoon. Rat, here's that paint code: YR292...it will make your bike unique amoung the "Ti's" down there:D;)

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Actually I miss read the map and got us started in the wrong direction and WingRat bailed us out with his GPS.
Never the less it was a nice ride, Still would have been nice to have Daryl and Herself along.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.