Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2010 GL1800 and looking for windshield advice. I'm 6'4", 34" inseam, and have the stock windshield all the way up. This will be my 2nd riding season on a bike, and having done limited highway speed last year with learning and all, I did noticed my head 'bobbing around' once I got up to 55-60mph (which I assume is the airflow not going high enough to clear my helmet). I am planning on riding a lot more this year, including GWRRA chapter rides out-of-state = a lot more highway. I have read a lot of good things about the F4 +4 windshield, but are there other ones a person with my height should consider? Is my issue the windshield not being tall enough or is air coming up from around the side (something Air Wings would address)?

TIA

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Lots of good reports about the F4 +4. Several good comments about the V-Stream as well, but not sure about heights on them. I have a Windbender adjustable, but you're much taller than I so don't think my choice would be good for you. They do have taller screens than mine, Wingstuff has them listed both in clear and tinted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just purchased a new 12 gl1800 and recieved from honda an accesory catalogue noticed honda sells a tall windscreen was either 2 or 4 inches taller than stock.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
The Hondaline tall (2" increase) lists for $219.95 USD. Get this...same part here in Canada: $450.40 Cdn:eek: Neither US or Cdn includes the vent. I'm not convinced that a taller Honda shield would decrease the buffeting much. It's the shape of the screen that is wrong IMO.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am 6'4" also, I went with the Honda tall shield which does help but I agree with Budoka it's really a design issue

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
We have a lot of wind here in Texas and a ride without buffeting is a rare ride indeed. I have found that when the buffeting starts, if I direct the air flow coming through the windshield vent upwards, the buffeting is reduced. I guess it disrupts the vortex of the wind that comes over and around the windshield. And I have also found that a higher windshield placement does not necessarily mean less wind buffeting. Sometimes lowering it and redirecting the vent air calms down the buffeting. A lot depends on wind direction and speed I'm traveling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with Dream Weaver - the vent makes a big difference, opening it an directing the air flow up a bit greatly reduces buffeting in certain conditions. I enjoy the wind on most days, except when it is cold out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
WindShield

I have a V-Stream.

5'11" and it keeps all the wind flow off of me and most of it off of my wife when I have it all the way up.

Hope that helps a little...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I also have the WIndbender, I am 5'11". Both shields are set to the lowest setting which allows me to see over the shield and sends air over my helmet, no head bobbing. With both shields raised I would think you would be comfortable.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
Welcome fisher, and that's a good link you put up. pop over to the new members section and drop an intro, put up an avatar if ya want too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts