Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen pic's and add's for relocator kits on the 1500,., Is anyone makeing them for the 1800's ?????

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
As far as I know no one is making a relocation kit for the 1800 but you can get a kit to remove the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
the kit moves the trunk back to give the passenger more room but i've never seen one for a 1500 or 1800 wing but i do have the kit on my 1200 wing

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
What is a "trunk relocator kit"?
It's a kit that allows you to move the trunk back or forward. I had one on my Kawasaki Voyager. Give the rear passenger a little more room.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Wing sent u message about kit......

Met with one ofthe trike dealers today, talked about makeing a kit,., looks like I will be roughing out a prototype then it will go in for final cut, unless i can find some alum to make it from. Will keep posted on the progress . will post pics when its finished. hope to get started on layout and rough cut on sunday. only forseable problems will be wire that opens everything, ie: saddle bags, trunk, and for trike. but that shouldnt be to big a deal.... electrical wireing looks like there is plenty to play with.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive seen pics of one for the 1500,., it looked like it was made from pipe and a lil plate...

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Ive seen pics of one for the 1500,., it looked like it was made from pipe and a lil plate...
the kit for the 1200 is just a small tubular frame that bolt in the stock location with framing so you can bolt the trunk down in its new location it also raises the trunk up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the explanation - I'd never heard of such a thing!

My research just now finds for the GL1800:

"you can have the passenger backrest cut down to allow more room for the passenger, it also allows them to sit more upright and back.. some say it is more comfortable."

and:

"I know Heartco and Diamond has a thinner passenger backrest like that. There may be others also. I think they are about $90."

and here's some guys who relocated the trunk themselves:

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189455

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ty

sent maurice an email,., those would be more removal type.,.
but will see what he says, if nothing else building a relocator/slider gives me something to do....... hhhhhmmmmm power tools lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didnt hear from them,,, so sat afternoon, after rideing in the 89'r parade in norman. I started the teardown on trunk. got it off. Today will get template cut out and seat back on, so I can get alum cut tomarrow. hope to have everything all back together by mon-tue evening.......Have to wait till this afternoon to do anything today,,,, its raining lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well got the new suport bars cut drilled tapped, cross brace cut ,., Relocator for GL1800 w/csc conversion just isnt gonna work.
Would have to cut off at least 1" of the top seam on the conversion....Only way it will work without cuttin the fiberglass is to either take off the pocket (for cb/cd) or raise it 6" think I'll pass on those for now.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts