Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have lots of experience with both the GL1800 and the ST1300? As I get older the Gold Wing is getting a bit heavy so I'm considering downsizing to the ST1300. However, the main concern is comfort as I love riding the Gold Wing and don't want to lose in the comfort area. Any info will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have not personally ridden an ST1300, but I came VERY close to buying one. I joined the ST1300 owners forum, (which is one of the best forums I've seen, BTW) to get a lot of good info. Of course they all love their bikes, but many agreed that the stock seat was not very comfortable and many have installed handlebar risers. By all accounts, the bike is superb in handling, power and reliability. It doesn't offer quite the wind protection of a wing, but offers the most in the sport-touring class. Peg position is slightly higher than that of a Wing, and at 6'1", I found that my knees nearly rested up against the fairing. Highway pegs can be added, but they are more like swing-blades.

The biggest draw is that it is very affordable, especially pre-owned. I was finding model year 2005-2008 from $7000-$11000. Also, the fuel capacity is even larger than the wing (7.7 gal) and the forum members reported mileages in the mid 40's.

I'd strongly encourage you to check the forum out and then find one to test ride. Good luck in your pursuits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts