Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trunk will release. RIght Saddlebag will release. I pull up on the lever and the left saddlebag will not open.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix it?

It had been working fine...

DaveFromDenver
'08 GL1800
Dark Burgandy Red Metallic

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wish I could tell you in detail but that seems to be a common problem; espically the left one. If you go to gl1800riders.com and do a search you will find a lot of info.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Push in on the side of the bag near the front catch and pull the lever, if not, then in the trunk there are 2 black plugs, one on each side of the trunk floor, pop out the one on the left side and there is a plunger in there that will open the saddle bag door, there is a clip that has been know to break and it is a common problem, Honda will fix it or you can go to a NAPA autoparts storte and get NAPA clip part number 735-2637 which is a stronger clip and replace it your self.

·
Super Moderator
9,867 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Bummer when your first post is a problem. Hope the info provided helps. Ride safe and enjoy the road.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Did you get it open???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, got it open by removing the plugs in the trunk floor and pushing the release. I'll have to take it in to the dealer for repair, though.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I saw somewhere that there is a recall for the left side saddle bag because it says it is open when it is not. Maybe the two problems are connected.

·
Registered
33 Posts
there is a service bulletin on this i had mine in for it 3 days ago, there is a new clip and a new rod that was covered under warrenty on my 07 wing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have had the rod and clip replaced by the dealer. It still is hard to release, so I push in on the door and open the release lever at the same time. I am afraid to break it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Trunk will release. RIght Saddlebag will release. I pull up on the lever and the left saddlebag will not open.

Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix it?

It had been working fine...

DaveFromDenver
'08 GL1800
Dark Burgandy Red Metallic
Mine will open but it is very stiff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 07 and have had it in the shop 3 times in three months, left side clip broke. They can't seem to fix it correctly, time to try the NAPA part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts