Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Not a good idea

Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seriously considering buying a gel pad for the Wing. There seems to be a lot of them. When I go to the bike rally there is always a vendor there, but they are kind of spendy.

I thought maybe I could get some opinions from other riders to help me not to make a $60+ mistake.

Your thoughts? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have one from Walmart that cost about $20 and it works fine. Good for long trips if you need a little more cushion on your bottom.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Concur with Two Wheel Wing. I bought two of them and experimented with putting hte insert from the two into one cover. Very nice results...

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
The pricey Air-Hawk inflatable cushion is probably the best. It is fitted for a motorcycle seat and holds it's location pretty well. If you can't justify spending over $100 on your tail bone get the WalMart $20 car seat version. All the product price ranges in between these two are iffy at best.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Just from what I have read the Air -Hawk is the better way to go.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The pad that others are mentioning from Walmart? It is probably the most popular and widely used by Wing owners. (I have two of them)
It is NOT a "Gel" pad however, it is just rubber with hundreds of small square pockets in it that provide cushion and airflow across the arse.

I have seen actual "Gel Pads" and I have read reviews from folks on all types of bikes. The general consensus is, Gel pads get very hot when left in direct sunlight and they hold that heat for a long time! They also soak up heat from your arse while riding and they will retain that heat until exposed to something cooler.
I would personally never use ANYTHING containing Gel on a MC seat because of this.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pricey Air-Hawk inflatable cushion is probably the best. It is fitted for a motorcycle seat and holds it's location pretty well. If you can't justify spending over $100 on your tail bone get the WalMart $20 car seat version. All the product price ranges in between these two are iffy at best.
Does that feel weird, or take some getting used to? I am shorter in stature and I don't think I'd like a "loose" in the saddle feeling. Just curious what your take is on that...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts