Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a lightly-used Wing. I see there are no 2011s, so that's easy. But does anyone know what features were introduced from, say, 2007-2010? I might choose one over another if I know the newer one includes must-have feature X.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
07 - 10 are the same except for color and on the 2010 the base model had the comfort package.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I don't know anything about 2007-'10 models but if I were shopping for a previously owned GL1800 it would be an '06. I haven't had my 2012 long enough the compare it with my 2006 but the '06 was a very nice bike and had absolutely no issues. Everyone that has owned a 2006 may not be able to say that. I also don't remember may complaints about the 2006 Gold Wing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone, that's just what I was hoping for.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Great stuff Tim. Where in BC are ya?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great stuff Tim. Where in BC are ya?
Got the hint, updated profile to show I'm in Victoria. But in the foreseeable future we'll probably move to Vancouver.

Did Port Hardy and back in one day on the ST1300. Gotta try it again on a Wing!

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I remember when that highway was gravel from Campbell River to the Coal Harbour turn-off. Believe me, you didn't want to be on a bike on that one! My oldest brother was the manager of the Hardy Airport back in the late 70's, had some great fishing trips out there.

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
I'm not sure about all the, if any, differences but I love my 2010. I have the base model and the heated seats and grips sure come in handy this time of year. Even down here in the mid-South. Most people I know who have the navigation package do not make much use of it. I even know two who use an aftermarket gps over the one in the bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
from 2006 -2010 there pretty much the same except options..I ended up buying a 2001 American bike..(Great price) .. as you will most likely have found in Canada Goldwings are pricey ..am very happy with my 2001 1800 ...there have been issues ..nothing major ..would buy it again for sure ..if I was willing to part with more $$... ABS for sure.. lesser miles the better ..2006 and up ..I do know someone in Langely (that is how I got mine) he brings in used American bikes to sell.. if interested pm me and I can forward contact info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts