Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is finally ready to get back on his Wing after 6 months of rehab for a broken ankle after getting it caught under his running board following an unexpected and off-balance panic stop.

He's looking for a set of OEM pegs to replace the running boards.

Does anyone with boards have a set of OEM pegss they'd like to part with for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If not check E-Bay there are always some on there,

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Got a set sitting in my toolbox if he wants 'em. PM me the address and they're his.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I also have a brand new set that I would trade for the floorboards.......

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Budoka was kind enough to send me a set of pegs (THANK YOU SO MUCH!), but I will ask my friend how much he wants for the boards and what condition they're in, and let you guys know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In May 2010, I bought a used 2006 GL1800 with 2,333 miles on it which has floorboards, heel/toe shifter and brake peddle.

I am looking to trade for a complete set of OEM parts that are in very good to new condition.

Does anyone have what I am looking for and willing to trader?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think going to stock pegs will help matters altogether. I remember in the late
70's practically everyone I knew on a bike suffered a broken ankle from similar circumstances. Heck, I think that was before running boards were invented! ---But I understand your friends thoughts!

Looking at Wings yesterday, I found an 05 that was for sale because the owner dumped his other bike into a deer. He wants to give up riding for a while....

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I had a set of foot pegs,,,,,,,,,,I sold them,,,,,sorry.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Floorboards is not the problem

Sorry to hear about your friend with the broken ankle. I know it's a very painful recovery because I broke mine 3 years ago, and it's still not 100%.

BTW, the floorboards was not the reason for the broken ankle. I broke my ankle on a mountain bike....with no floorboards.:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think going to stock pegs will help matters altogether. I remember in the late
70's practically everyone I knew on a bike suffered a broken ankle from similar circumstances. Heck, I think that was before running boards were invented! ---But I understand your friends thoughts!

Looking at Wings yesterday, I found an 05 that was for sale because the owner dumped his other bike into a deer. He wants to give up riding for a while....

Where is the bike at?
Do you have a phone number where the bike is?
What all can you tell us about the bike?

·
Registered
20 Posts
In May 2010, I bought a used 2006 GL1800 with 2,333 miles on it which has floorboards, heel/toe shifter and brake peddle.

I am looking to trade for a complete set of OEM parts that are in very good to new condition.

Does anyone have what I am looking for and willing to trader?
If you didn't trade yet I would be interested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Someone asked where the 05 Wing is (was?) located. Cooppersburg PA, Scott's Motorsports. http://www.scottpowersports.com/

That was over 2 weeks ago....good luck! Personally, I found the sales manager to be less than interested in speaking with me. I've got cash in hand and you're blowing me off? I bought elsewhere. His loss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts