Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2001 GL 1800. I have put 2500 miles on since March 7th. Now the FI light blinks and it will not start. Any ideas

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Turn the key on put the side stand down and the FI light will blink, count the blinks, there are long and short blinks, 1 long blink equals 10 so if it's 2 long and 3 short the code is 23 Post what you get and someone with a manual can tell you what it is, I'm not at home and won't be for about 4 days so I don't have my shop manual with me.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Usually the FI light will not stop it from starting, check the kill switch and the reverse button, make sure you didn't acidentally hit them. Will it turn overor does it just click?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Joe, I tried to look that up in my online manual, but can't seem to locate anything on fault codes or the FI light. If you see this, where would I look, that manual is rather large (duh):rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Welcome to the site Perky. the 1800 guys here will get you fixed up.I'm just here to say Hi from the Keystone State.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The blink is one long and 2 short. I have it at the Honda/Harley shop in Dodge city. Hope they can find out. It has something to do with the #1 injector. Thanks for all the input.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF perky, good to see you figured out your problem and the answer could be helpful for someone else

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Learning lesson for me. I searched through my massive shop manual and found the code page entitled " DTC INDEX ". No. 12 ( blinks ) says: No.1 injector circuit malfunction * Loose or poor contact of the injector sensor * Injector or it's circuit malfunction. Refer to page 6-36. This didn't help you, Perky ; but it sure helped me to get on the road to self-help.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum Perky. I agree with Fossil that he and other members are very helpful here. Me, I just steal their ideas and usually do not have any good advice on machanical issues unless you want to know where to put the gas in. Glad to see you have resolved your issue.

On another issue, I see your handle is Perky. Is this a nickname your wife gave you???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Road Trip

Travelling from St Catharines ON to Las Vegas NV. Do you have any tips? Have you ever done this trip? Leaving July 26/10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts