Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got a motorcyle lift for their 1800?

I just ordered an OTC lift for my '08 so perhaps someone can offer some advice. Because the engine hangs slightly below the outer frame tubes, I assume I'll need to place some spacers of some sort under the rails to keep the lift arms away from the engine.

I looked at the "Pitbull" lifts online and they supply a "Goldwing Shim" with their lifts, if you own a Wing.

I should receive it in a week or so and it may we a while before I need it, but I figured it would be a good thing to have around for maintenance and those rare repairs.

If anyone has detailed pictures of their 1800 on a lift they'd care to post, that would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Two Wheel! That's what I needed. When my jack arrives and I get my Wing off the ground, I'll post pictures so we'll have the info available on GWOF. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn... That was post #100 and I just became a "Senior Member". Now I'm glad I bought an "Old Man's Bike." :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gl1800 Motorcycle Lift

Radar,

If you can cancel your order for your lift................I have a free freight harbor lift you can have if you come out to Pahrump

HisST

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer Hiist but I already recieved a tracking number for the new one. Why don't you want to keep the Harbor Freight model?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Motorcycle lift

Radarsdad,

I have a GW an no need to have a lift to pick up my bike............Have 83,000 miles on 08 gw..........just change oil an have tires installed for 70 dollars here in Pahrump........willing to give it away.

Why do you need a lift for your GW............are you having that much problems with your GW

Hisst

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, nary a problem yet. I do have quads though and the lift will come in handy for working on them so it's kind of a dual purpose thing. I just used the Wing as an excuse to make the purchase. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts