Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm putting on new clear turnsignals on my new wing a few nights ago. Drop the righthand mirror - cracks. @#$! Oh well, I'll just order a new one. What can it cost $30?

BE ADVISED: Honda will sell you every single part associated with the mirrors individually -EXCEPT, YOU GUESSED IT, the mirror itself. You cannot buy the glass mirror by itself. You have to buy an entire assembly - painted housing, turn signal, internal bracket etc. It's only about $255!!!

I searched around the internet for a new or used RH mirror only but had no luck.

Ended up ordering Muth mirrors with the led signal in the glass. About $50 less for both sides vs the one mirror from Honda.

Anyone know why Honda would do this? I am totally baffled. Thought about calling Honda's Corp America office in CA, but I am sure I would get nowhere.

Rob

:mad:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish it was that easy. These mirrors have a molded plastic mounting bracket on the back and edges and there is no way I could see to just get new glass cut to the proper shape and fit it to the bracket.

Rob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got off the phone with Honda's corporate office in California. They looked up the part and confirmed "Yes, you have to buy an entire mirror assy to get the glass part".

They have no clue why it is this way and they have no way of escalating the issue. The guy tells me they track complaints and this sounds like a new complaint. I told him you can not order the glass mirror for any 2001 - 2010 Wing so this can't be a new issue.

"Sorry, nothing can be done"

Bet my complaint went right in the trash.

Love the Wing but this issue has my blood boiling.

Rob

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed the Muth mirrors today. VERY NICE! LED turnsignals in the mirror are very bright and being able to adjust the mirrors is a nice bonus over the stock mirrors! Easy install - spent all of 30 minutes for both sides.

If you are on the fence about buying these mirrors with built in signals, just do it. They are much better than stock (even without the black plastic trim like the OEM mirrors). I got the blue glare reducing ones and they really work as advertised. A little bit more $$, but I think they are worth it.

One other thing. Muth has done away with the "Objects may appear closer than ......" text that used to be stenciled on them.

Got mine from CycleMaxOhio. Excellent service and super fast shipping! If you call them, ask for Gary!

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts