Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if all GL1800 parts interchange from year XXXX to XXXX?

Is there a timeline of changes for the year of my bike? 2005?
I need parts and don't know from which years I can fit them.

BTW, I need complete saddlebags, trunk and trunk mounting parts.

My whole rear end is trashed.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
My understanding is that your wing would be compatible parts wise with all the GL1800's until 2012. But I'm no wrencher, so please take that with an oversized grain of salt. There are more knowledgeable folks on the Forum, by far, than me. Trike Lady would be an excellent source for answers to your questions regarding part compatibility.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I agree, the parts you need should be the same for all 2001-2010 Wings.

·
Super Moderator
7,611 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
There are a couple subtle differences form the '01-'05 vs the '06-'10.
The trunk lid for example: a lighted rear spoiler for an '05 won't fit an '06. Not sure how much more though.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The trunk lid for example: a lighted rear spoiler for an '05 won't fit an '06. Not sure how much more though.
Question: The shape of the spoiler was changed in 06 but, what do you know that I don't?
I have a Motorman55 spoiler (older shape) on my 06. There is no difference in the mounting of this spoiler on any year Wing.
What am I missing here?
Thanks
Also, TL covered the OP's question but, another source for the bags/box is E-bay. Might even find the correct color.
Also, search online motorcycle salvage yards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to also determine if front and rear brake calipers from a 2015 fb6 will interchange and fit a 2003 gl1800 non abs.

2003 numbers 45150-mca-006
45250-mca-006
43150-mca-006

2015 numbers 45150-mjk-g31
45250-mjg-671
43150-mjg-671

I wonder if the calipers are the same and bracketry might just be different. Maybe the original brackets would fit ?

[email protected]
1986 Gl1200 sold
2003 Gl1800 still going strong and love the bike

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
I believe it will fit just a different style. I maybe mistaken but I have older style , 2001- 2005 , on my 2006.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks dsurley and Jinx.

Looks like they will not fit. The numbers I have posted are the same as on honda parts house.

Gwingman1

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
one addition....... parts that are painted....sometimes include some lettering to signify color...
so.... when all the numbers match... but some letters before or after a hyphen..... I call a source of higher knowledge to find if that color thing is the issue.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Question: The shape of the spoiler was changed in 06 but, what do you know that I don't?
I have a Motorman55 spoiler (older shape) on my 06. There is no difference in the mounting of this spoiler on any year Wing.
What am I missing here?
Thanks
Also, TL covered the OP's question but, another source for the bags/box is E-bay. Might even find the correct color.
Also, search online motorcycle salvage yards.

TF, it's the lower trunk spoiler that won't fit after 2005, and I got that information right from Honda Canada when I tried to find one for my '09. Some subtle difference in the shape of the underside/lower half of the trunk is how they explained it to me. That was discontinued long before the lighted trunk spoiler was. I found the lighted spoiler confusing since if an owner mounted the Hondaline trunk luggage rack on his bike, the spoiler wouldn't fit anyway. That's why many of us have Kuryakin racks. In Honda's world it would seem you can have one or the other, but not both.:frown2:

Reactions: Jinx
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.