Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 GL1`800, 800 miles, nav, comfort, sound......
Bike was on kickstand, in gear, tried to start...nothing of course, put in neutral...all electrical just shut off....nothing....I checked all fuses..they were good...still nothing....battery good.....
Does anyone have any suggestions??? Or do I load it up and take it to the dealer????
HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Simple things first, check kill switch and reverse button, I bet one of those is the culprit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...but yes, I checked those first off. All fuses are good, tight battery connections, I just do not see anything. There is some type of fuse at the bottom of the fuse block, but I have no idea how to read that or what it is. I plan on having to take it in tomorrow. Thanks for all your suggestions. This is a great forum.
Chris

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Be sure you post what the problem was when you get it back, could help someone in the future.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK...I am back from the dealer. And I will give the dealer's name....McDonough Honda, McDonough, GA.....The service Manager Buddy, fixed it and I never had to take it out of the trailer. I am a little embarrassed though...The problem was the battery cable attachment at the battery. When I bought the bike, it had a dead battery. The dealership put a new battery in to fix it. When they tightened the bolt, they cross-threaded the bolt. That way, when I checked to see if it was tight, it was. But in reality, it did not make a good connection. How it drove for 1032 miles before there was a problem is a mystery. He took the bolt out, tapped the connection, tightened it down again and it was fixed! WOW...I was very satisfied with my dealership visit. BUT...I am embarrassed. Thank you Buddy.
Thanks to all the help on this site.
Chris (with a embarrassed look now) Crawford

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Don't be embarrassed Chris, the mechanic that changed the original battery should be. Other than the two points Joe mentioned, the side stand safety switch can malfunction and leave you stuck, although I haven't heard of it happening on a Wing, just some older other bikes.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
On some of the early 1800 Gold Wings there were problems with the battery cable coming loose or not being fully tightened at the factory but I never thought of that on your new Wing. Glad it was something minor.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Don't be embarrassed Chris. You could have gotten to the dealer and found out the kill switch was on... True Story: I was riding down the highway with a friend one day and he comes over the cb yelling the bike went dead, the bike went dead, pulling over. I see him pulling over in the mirror. As I begin to slow down, I hear him on the cb..... oh never mind, I was playing and hit the kill switch... LOL Ride safe..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts