Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GL1800 that developed a problem where all the cylinders are getting too much gas and the engine runs rough and stalls out on idle. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator thinking that may be the problem but it did not change and still gets the spark plugs and cylinder and gas soggy.

Anyone run across this problem before or know what the issue may be?

Thank you,

Kim

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a 2006 GL1800 that developed a problem where all the cylinders are getting too much gas and the engine runs rough and stalls out on idle. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator thinking that may be the problem but it did not change and still gets the spark plugs and cylinder and gas soggy.

Anyone run across this problem before or know what the issue may be?

Thank you,

Kim
I am not sure how this could happen as the GL1800 is fuel injected and the ECM controls everything. Have you checked the air filter? How many miles on the bike?

And how do you know the Cylinders are "Soggy" or full of gas? Have you removed spark plugs to see in the cylinders? If so, can you describe to me how you removed them?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hey CST
The shop manual , Under Engine Stalls, hard to start, rough idling says: Check Idle speed, Check IACV , inspect fuel system. Also check for restricted fuel feed hose, intake air leak, restricted fuel tank breather hose, faulty ignition. Then on page 6-58 it tells you to check the fuel pressure. If the pressure is Higher than specified, (50psi) inspect the following. 1. clogged fuel return hose.2. pressure regulator.3 fuel pump. Kinda sounds to me like you have too much pressure and the injectors are feeding too much fuel to the cylinders. Those hoses would be the first thing I would check. Dirtdobbers down here have a way of making your life miserable and plugging every existing hole around. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts