Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the rotation of the switches
on the bars of an 1800? The switches all seen to point in a downward position. Thanks

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Yes, take off the little black cover on the side of the clamp that you see when sitting on the bike and loosen the allen screws up and rotate them any where you need them to be.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe but I've tried that and it did not work. Dealer says that this cannot be done on a 2008 Audio, comfort, navi but I've seen other bikes where the controls are properly located

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have an 08 Audio it can be done, loosen them up and the unit will turn, did you loosen the allen screws a lot, it might be stuck against the handlebar but they are not glued and there is no set pin, I have had mine come off when I put on a cup holder and my GPS, they won't move much only about an inch or so.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll certainly re-try this in the morning. Unfortunately I'm now at work. Thanks Joe.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I tried loosening the set screws and went so far as to remove them completely. The clutch lever and master cylinder come off and dangled by the hoses and then I tried to move the switch unit. It did not budge. I have a suspicion that the dealer may be right, they are not moveable.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm probably wrong but seem to remember when looking at the diagram in the service manual it looked like there were pins that keep them in that position. It might be to allow moisture to drain out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts