Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GL1800 I converted to a trike and now I'm working on getting all of the odds and ends back in to order. I need to know how the CB radio is supposed to operate once I get it re-installed. Is there some sort of instruction manual? can't find anything on the internet or YouTube.

·
Registered
85 Posts
First, welcome from SE Idaho. Once you have the CB reinstalled, antenna and connections made under the seat, it's pretty straight forward. On the audio control panel on the shelter, there's a button marked CB. Push it and CB should be displayed on the dash screen, in some cases you need to push and hold that button to activate it. From there, all the controls are on your left handlebar, volume, channel up and down, squelch, and push to talk. All the audio for the CB will go through your helmet headsets, just like the intercom and stereo. when the CB is used, it will mute the stereo just like the intercom. Hope this helps a little. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

There should be a section in the owners manual that shows control locations and operational info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. The AM/FM and weather radio work, and as soon as I can get some headsets I can figure out if the intercom and CB radio work. I don't have any reason to believe they won't.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I believe that the Icon that will show up on your display will say CB, if it just says CB then the audio will be routed to your external speakers, if this is the case push the CB button and it should dispaly an Icon of a headset, this routes the audio to your helmet. If you hold the CB button down it will turn off the CB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts