Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GL1800 2002 Stumbles only Once in a while..?

I have a 2002 with 39k on her,,
I bought her with 34k on her,,

She has been running great .. BUT
when i took her out this summer i noticed a stumble when you get on her harder,, only once in a great while,, it litterly feels like someine taps the kill switch for a milisecond.. and then perfect,,

zero issues at speed and it only does it rarely,,
i have ran a couple tanks of hightest through her and changed the plugs... no luck...
any sugestions...??

Thanks Much...

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from another Keystone state'r. Perhaps some injector cleaner like Seafoam would help.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from another Keystone state'r. Perhaps some injector cleaner like Seafoam would help.
Also check the air filter, there are many cases where mice have made a nest there over the winter months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having something similar but it seems to happen in only in OD and feels like a little slip in clutch or drive train. Figured I would change plugs since I read that here. Unfortunately it did not fix it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
mine some time has a hesitation just as the high speed idle starts to come off
I have fewer issues if I reset the ECM each season

to do this.....
with the bike cold
on center stand
start the bike and DO NOT touch anything
let it run until the fans just come on
shut it down imediately
count to 15 or 20 slowly
then restart the bike
done

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yep

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
What does a person have to loose, it is a free procedure, it is amazing how much it helps sometimes as the weather starts to change each spring and fall
all I can say, it works for my problem, as stated above, if I do this as it starts to get nice and cool in October, than again as it starts to get nice and warm in April-May

different parts of the world might need different times to get the same result

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried to do that this weekend but waited over 15min after it got to temp and fans never came on.😞 But riding this weekend started to almost hear some sound in the drive train? Thinking clutch maybe🤨

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm starting to hear something in the drive train. Still not sure what it is? Is there anything that could cause this in the drive train?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts