Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and already I need some help.
I am not a wing owner:( but my old man is. He has a 97 Goldwing Se.

The reason Im here is Im looking for some help. I have searched and searched till my fingers got sore from typing. My father has an aftermarket back rest that he lost a retaining bolt for. The setup looks exactly like an older Show Chrome backrest. The only reason Im not totally sure is because there is no stamp or sticker to show any type of I.D. I cant seem to even find a serial number.

Anyway, I have come here to ask the goldwing gods for there help. I know my old man loved using that back rest, and now cant. I really cant afford a whole new setup, but was wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a replacement retainer bolt? I cant even find a Show Chrome home website or phone number to ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jon.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Jon try this website & call these guys I actually think they are the Showchrome people.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/

The other thing you may try is matching the bolt up at a company such as McMaster-Carr or Grainger.

By the way welcome to the site from the Keystone State

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fossil.
I happened to find that site. was planning to call them tomorrow.

I happened to find it..well one that claims to fit most tube type backrests.
Here is the link. Ill let you know what I can find out. Sadly I cant tell him till christmas.
http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/20458
I think he'll be excited. He hasnt had his backrest for a loong time now. Hopefully it works. When it shows up, Ill let you all know at least if it fit or not.
The back rest kit they have on this site is almost identical to what he has.
This one here: http://www.cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/6350
Hope this can help someone else out to.
Later
Jon.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The one from cyclemax should do the trick. You might want to buy an extra one while your at it and maybe one of the plastic bushings also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just showed up today. A little behind due to the holiday, but here never the less.
I took it down to compair to the existing one, and its a perfect match. Dead replica of the other one. It fits perfectly on the threads of the mounted bar. So....either this is a show chrome backrest, or this just happens to be a gift from god match.
Doesnt matter much to me, just happy the thing fits. He'll be so excited at christmas.

So just as a 411 for future shoppers, this whole deal cost me $20.50. I bought both the replacement "chrome knob" and the replacement washer.
Hope this helps someone else out in the future.
Thank you very much to those who responded.
Jon A.K.A Ranger.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Jon, Glad everthing worked out I'm sure Pop will be overjoyed, I know I couldn't be without my backrest. Sometimes the smallest gifts are the best.

Maybe you'll be riding a Wing too sometime.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just to let you know...your a good son!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts