Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new member. My 1993 GL1500A has a badly scratched windshield - too expensive to replace -any ideas on how to either successfully clean/polish or perhaps cut down (what tools & how to determine correct height) does the car headlight restoration kit work (saw on TV recently)?

What is the best way to keep the windshiled clean and scratch-free?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thx!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have a similar problem on my '05 Gl1800--the windshield is a bit "cloudy". I suspect that the previous owner may have used a product with ammonia. Anyone know how (or if) this can be fixed?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I have no idea how to repair that damage , but i clean my shield with pledge furniture polish and it works great !!

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
You may be able to find someone who has a windscreen laying around from a 1500. Many riders replace them with after market shields. Check the 4 sale sections or on eBay. I actually have one from a 98 GL1500 Se.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Howdy from Alberta. Pledge and good old elbow grease works on fine scratches. Not sure about ammonia damage though.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
is it scratched and cloudy or does it have stress cracks? cloudy and light scratches can be cleaned up stress cracks cannot and the windshield would have to be replaced

·
Registered
455 Posts
There should be a protective film on the windshield, once you break through it all you have is a mess.
Best bet would be to search the net for a used one 88-2000. Would probably beat riding down the road half blind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be able to find someone who has a windscreen laying around from a 1500. Many riders replace them with after market shields. Check the 4 sale sections or on eBay. I actually have one from a 98 GL1500 Se.
what is the condition of your "old" 98 SE windshield?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts