Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a new windshield for my 1500 and I'm trying to figure what I need. When I got this bike it had a tall Tulsa. I have cut it off twice - probably 6" total. At lowest I still look through it - barely.
If I sit up real straight I look over it.
For the new on I want to be able to look over it at lowest position (slightly) in normal sitting position. All the ones I look at compare it to stock. Well, since I have cut this & didn't know what it was to begin with I don't know what stock is -- if I should get stock height, - something or + something or what??. I'm about 6'1" and I sit on a gel pad.
I know everyone is different - I'm just looking for some input.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Snoopy:
I installed a Slipstream tall on my '96' a couple of years ago. I am 6'2" and I prefer looking thru the windshield as opposed to looking over it. My problem with this particular shield is that it leans back at a pretty severe angle. I would bump my forehead on it when I would throw my leg over the seat which would in turn cause my foot to hang up on the seat. Good thing there isn't anyone around when I get the bike out. I am sure I am quite visual circus. Just thought you might want to take angle into consideration. It never dawned on me at the time.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I got a pile of comments on my Windbender at the toy run on Saturday, most of them very favourable. Downside is there is limited choice for the 1500 listed with Wingstuff. Firecreek (the manufacturer) has much more available than Wingstuff shows.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen the Windbender - I need to learn more about that option. I also hit my head on the Tulsa before I cut it off. Now it is more like a normal windshield but angeled back. But it is getting some crazing. Yes - the angle is factor I have thought about. I don't want to order the wrong one. I want to be able to look over it at lowest setting & sometimes I want to look through it.
How does the windbender non electric model adjust. I don't mind having to stop to adjust.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Two very simple push-pins that allow for six different positions of the top section. That combined with the stock ratcheting adjustment gives an amazing range of settings and wind control. The split screen desing isn't to everyone's liking, but it sure works I posted acouple pics of my Windbender somewhere, I'll see if I can remember where:confused:
cory1848 the V-Stream was my other option, It came down to the electric option alone in the decision.

·
Registered
470 Posts
One thing that was asked in that other tread was about rain (water) getting up under the split onto the dash...I don't recall seeing any answers, has anyone experienced a rain ride with one of these?:confused:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I was in a real downpour for about 12 hours this spring coming back from BC. I don't recall how much rain came through the separation in between the two halves, but there had to be some. I was soaked even with my raingear on and the water was anywhere from an inch to two inches deep on the highway depending on lane wear and current rainfall volume. What I do know is there was no visibility problems with the shield set so that I was just looking over the top. My chin and neck were wet in spite of the great protection of the fairing and the shield along with my visor. Most of me getting wet was the water running down my neck from it running off my helmet and the wind driving the rain at me sideways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts