Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this 1500 about a month ago, have only put about 1000 miles on it, runs good, and rides good, untill today noticed alot of vib when running above 65 mph, got home put bike on center stand, when rev the motor, in netural, above 2500 rpm start getting real bad vib, contunies to get worse as more rpms, any ideals what I might need to be looking at, thanks for help. :(

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Unless you have the service records from the previous owner there is a lot to look at, air cleaner, fuel filter, fuel pump, spark plugs, vacuum leak, carbs need to be synced. Start with the easy stuff first, plugs, fuel and air filter

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
carb sync should do the job

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I would say check the drive shaft splines but you said it does it in neutral on the center stand so I think that would eliminate that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have an engine mount that has or is collapsing.Even if this bike is low mileage,age takes it's toll on this type of rubber part. I may be way off,but i believe worth checking,since you say the bike runs great.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Ah yes, another problem successfully solved by the brain trust of the Goldwing Owners Forum. Good job guys...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.