Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought this 1500 about a month ago, have only put about 1000 miles on it, runs good, and rides good, untill today noticed alot of vib when running above 65 mph, got home put bike on center stand, when rev the motor, in netural, above 2500 rpm start getting real bad vib, contunies to get worse as more rpms, any ideals what I might need to be looking at, thanks for help. :(

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Unless you have the service records from the previous owner there is a lot to look at, air cleaner, fuel filter, fuel pump, spark plugs, vacuum leak, carbs need to be synced. Start with the easy stuff first, plugs, fuel and air filter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have replaced the plugs, all filters, timing belts, because i didnt have any records. dosent seem like fuel related, but can never tell, it is a steady vib, not any kind of miss. It idles well, takes the throttle well, drives well down the road, It does shift hard, which i guess is normal for the 1500, thinking maybe in the clutch, sometimes it does seem as if the clutch might not be engaging when shifting gears as it grinds between shifts sometimes. but it does release and engage ok when you stop, so not sure if it can cause vib

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
carb sync should do the job

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I would say check the drive shaft splines but you said it does it in neutral on the center stand so I think that would eliminate that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have an engine mount that has or is collapsing.Even if this bike is low mileage,age takes it's toll on this type of rubber part. I may be way off,but i believe worth checking,since you say the bike runs great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try this...remove the plastic so you can get to the plugs...loosen each plug wire but don't remove it...run the bike on the center stand at the rpm where it makes the worst vibration and with an insulted or plastic pair of pliars, pull one wire off at a time to see if it affects the vibration/rpm....reattach the wire and go to the next one...I'm betting that there will be one wire that has no affect of the vibration or rpm...that cylinder might have an issue...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ordered a tool today to sycn the carbs, also ordered new rubbers for the alt, when they get here I will remove all the plastic, do the carbs, alt, will check the motor mounts, and check the firing of the plugs to see if any of it helps, also will check all vac hoses. thanks for all the info. will let you know what I find

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cured my problem, it was the rubber dampners on the alt. they didnt feel hard, but when i installed the new ones, it as smoth as new. Thanks for all the advice.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Ah yes, another problem successfully solved by the brain trust of the Goldwing Owners Forum. Good job guys...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you all are kind enough to help the least we can do is post when we find the problem. thanks all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts