Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a '93 GL1500 from my dad which has an added switch bank over the clutch fluid reservoir that I have no idea what it goes to or does? Anyone on here familiar with what this might be or is it something that could be anything depending on what the installer chose to add?

In case it helps I have attached pics of the cover and the inside so you can see what it looks like and the color of the cables going to the switches. Cable colors going left to right are: 1st switch has red cable to the front (which daisy chains to front of every switch), orange cable on the left & green on the right (the green also daisy chains to right side of each switch), 2nd switch is black on left & green on right, 3rd switch is blue on left & green on right, and the 4th switch is yellow on the left & green on the right.

If anyone can help me figure out what these switches could go to or control and where I might pick up a replacement for the broken housing I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
They are normally used for accessory lighting. Are there any additional lights on the bike?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
you can get a replacement from wingstuff.com

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I have one of those on my 1500, it runs the neon light, driving lights and side marker lights.
Good luck finding a replacement for the clutch side, you can find the brake side ones easily.
I had to post a wanted ad with GWRRA to find one.
www.trikeon.net parent company Add On.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I'll play around with them to see if I can figure out what they go to.

I'll never return, due to being an alcoholic.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
As said before, they run after market items, such as lights ETC. start the bike and turn them on 1 at a time and see what happens, they might not all be connected. You can get a replacement cluster but the new ones sit on top of the reservoir not over it.
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/360_accessory_switches/2076_black_master_cylinder_switch_w_3_switches/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1500/360_goldwing_accessory_switches/des/

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/360_accessory_switches/1241_gl1500_gl1800_chrome_master_cylinder_switch_block/?goto=/pgroup_list/gl1500/360_goldwing_accessory_switches/des/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.