Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a stock windshield on a GL1500 (preferable a 1995 model), what is the measurement from the bottom of the windshield (at chome garnish) to the top of the windshield.

My '95 has a very tall, swept back windshield and I'm trying to determine if a stock windshield (from Wingstuff) would be tall enough (I'm about 6'1").

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
DJ,

I had a stock windshield on my 95 when I bought it. Never measured it but I can tell you that I'm 5'11" & when I looked ahead I was looking just at the top of it. Actually I found it a bit aggravating which is one of the reasons that I went to the XTALL. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill. I appreciate the response.

I see from your sig pic that you've met the symbol of my zodiac sign (Aires). :)

·
Super Moderator
9,877 Posts
I have the stock windscreen that I took off of my previous 98 GL1500 SE out in the garage. Do you want me to measure? Have to climb over a few things to get to it and it's +2 out there right now..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the stock windscreen that I took off of my previous 98 GL1500 SE out in the garage. Do you want me to measure? Have to climb over a few things to get to it and it's +2 out there right now..
Yes, if it wouldn't be too much trouble (when you get a chance).

Also, would you be interested in selling it?

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Hi djoyner, when I bought my GL1500 it had the Tulsa tall shield on it. I rode with it for a couple of years and did have problems when it spit, or rained lightly and the drops would hang on and obstruct my vision. Last year I put on a standard height f4 windshield and like it much better. I am also your height and if it rains I will sit high in the saddle and look over the shield. I cant measure the height because the bike is stored right now.
Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi djoyner, when I bought my GL1500 it had the Tulsa tall shield on it. I rode with it for a couple of years and did have problems when it spit, or rained lightly and the drops would hang on and obstruct my vision. Last year I put on a standard height f4 windshield and like it much better. I am also your height and if it rains I will sit high in the saddle and look over the shield. I cant measure the height because the bike is stored right now.
Good luck.
BadRider, thanks for the feedback. I agree that looking through the windshield (in addition to looking through the faceshield on a helmet) can make for an interesting experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts