Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do this mod on my 99 GL1500

http://www.goldwingtech.info/1500TrunkSetBack.pdf

I purchaced all the materials and followed the directions to the letter. I soon came to the conclusion that every year GL1500 Goldwing must not be the same. Fisrt you don't need the spacer for the trunk and saddlebag release assembly. Spacing it down just keeps the bags from locking shut. The trunk on mine the back bolts are spaced wider than the front bolts by about 3/4 of an inch. I had to go back and buy several new peices of aluninum and had to offset the bolt holes. Overall the job took about 4 hours (not including the trip to the steel shop). I followed the guys idea and just adapted it to my 99. It is incredible what an extra 1.5 inches in trunk setback makes in the back. The bike looks unmodified unless you look close and see about an inch gap between the backrest and rear of the seat. I'm really thankful to the guy who wrote this article. While there may have been differances in the bikes his idea was spot on. I'll post some photos tommorow. It is so much more comfortable now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts